Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paying retention fees in instalments... finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying retention fees in instalments... finally!

Just spotted this on another site, we can finally pay our fees by quarterly direct debit. Have to get in quick though, the DD mandates have to be sent in by the 12th December to stage payments for 2009.

Link to print out DD mandate

HTH someone x

Re: Paying retention fees in instalments... finally!

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
    we can finally pay our fees by quarterly direct debit.
    At last, as you say. But could this change now possibly be due to the fact that those who pay by direct debit invariably stay in an organisation a year longer than they intend?
    ....just my opinion

Comment

Ooooh you big cynic.

(Internet banking.... cancelled at the touch of a button...!)

Comment

Have you tried cancelling Setanta Sports?..
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

I for one am truely glad about the paying in instalments option (though puzzled as to the lack of monthly d.d. option). And the reduced fees. And no I'm not a lazy pharmacist, nor a useless one; just not working at the mo for health reasons.
          Think I'm probably the poorest pharmacist in the country!! Still, gives me some time to catch up on my cpd...
          The funkee pharmacist!

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
            Have you tried cancelling Setanta Sports?..
            So your the one who signed up?

Next time England play abroad can you set up webcam to your TV so I can watch live!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
              Just spotted this on another site, we can finally pay our fees by quarterly direct debit. Have to get in quick though, the DD mandates have to be sent in by the 12th December to stage payments for 2009.

Link to print out DD mandate

HTH someone x
              Part of the 'lets friendly up the RPSGB' to try and keep some members initiative I expect.
              This simply wasn't possible a two or three years ago as they wouldn't be able to budge properly.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

If I fill out the direct debit quarterly form and send it off, can I make my declaration on-line or do I have to send off the declaration form I got in the post with the direct debit form?

I hate forms!!!!!!!

Comment

is the retention fee different than the RPSGB practicing fee?
                  so employer pays for which one, and how much they cost?
                  thanks in advance
                  Last edited by Rafael; 7, December 2008, 11:44 AM.
                  [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

I would bet my mortgage (massive after an expensive divorce!) that fees to the GPhC will be payable on the "nail" with no instalments allowed.

The RPSGB will not be so restrictive for obvious reasons.

Raoul, the retention fee is sometimes paid for by an employer but there is no obligation for an employer to do so. It is, as you suggest the fee required to practice.
                    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

For anybody who filled in a direct-debit form to pay the RPSGB quarterly - have you had any money taken from your account??

I posted my declaration & the direct-debit form to the RPSGB in early Dec and have not heard anything and they haven't taken any money from my account either.

Comment

The money came out of my account on the 8th Jan, seem to recall getting confirmation through the post in December as well.

Comment

Yep, it came out on the 9th Jan. Though I haven't had a confirmation letter like Part Timer above.
                          The funkee pharmacist!

Comment

I might *not* have had confirmation, might be thinking of something else. Money's definitely gone though.

Comment

I sent my form in by first class mail a week before the cut-off date and got it back three weeks later telling me I was too late and would have to pay it all in one go. I suspect it probably spent several days floating around the Society's mail system - sadly it wasn't stamped with a date of receipt so I can't prove anything!

Comment

Working...
                              X