New Council?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Council?

Northern Ireland has ruled out joining the fledgling General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) as ministers step up support for the country to carry on regulating its pharmacists independently.

Local MPs seem to be very supportive of local pharmacies and PSNI seems to be having success in effectively lobbying.

Good News and also sensible but the only thing I know for sure is that fees will rise.

Re: New Council?

Do you work in NI Bob?

I heard these rumours the other day, regarding fitness to practice/code of ethics in Northern Ireland and was wondering if they are true?

1) A pre-reg or student was cautioned for having a picture of a drunk lecturer on his/her bebo website

2) A pre-reg was sending CVs and cards around trying to get work for when he/she qualifies in the summer, and got cautioned for doing so because they weren't registered yet.

Comment

Yes I work in NI

Havent heard anything.

If recruiting though it is a good idea to see if student/young pharmacist has a bebo/facebook site (get more info than a cv). You can tell a lot. Need to be careful what is on those sites. Was a pre-reg not cautioned in gb for having unprofessional images? Although I suppose it is part of a tutor's role during pre-reg year to help the pre-reg become more professional and to make the move away from student life. A picture of a drunk lecturer is hardly bringing the profession into disrupute (unless he/she was working at the time)

Comment

Are locum rates still 130 a day in NI? I haven't worked there for some time. Scary for young pharmacists just qualifying, with the high house prices there.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBPHARM View Post
          Was a pre-reg not cautioned in gb for having unprofessional images?
          From what I remember a pre-reg student was reprimanded for having links to 'unprofessional' websites/images from his own website where he referred to himself as a pharmacist (whilst still a student). Tried to search the stat comm decisions but can't find the info at the moment. However....don't you think the stat comm took it a little too far? Surely they could have just asked him to remove images from his website.

Comment

£140 per day is normal but house prices are falling faster than our reimbursement, which is worrying!

Comment

Originally posted by N.T View Post
              From what I remember a pre-reg student was reprimanded for having links to 'unprofessional' websites/images from his own website where he referred to himself as a pharmacist (whilst still a student). Tried to search the stat comm decisions but can't find the info at the moment. However....don't you think the stat comm took it a little too far? Surely they could have just asked him to remove images from his website.
              I think the stat comm has taken this too far if it has decided to do something about it. Hopefully the stat comm will ease up a bit after Society's recent announcement to only chase up the bigger offenses.

I this worries me as a student because i don't want people (ie. employers) to think my photos are unprofessional, when they are just me having a good time (and i don't mean being rowdy). This also makes me slightly annoyed because i have seen qualified members of the profession act far too drunk in front of students and other respected members of the profession.

I would suggest all students set their FaceBook profiles, etc, to private so all people can see if your front picture.
              I like beef and i like liver, meow mix meow mix please deliver.

Comment

Working...
              X