Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-reg past exam papers

Hi everyone!

Hope your all doing fine. I was just wondering where I could get past pre-reg exam papers from to practice. I have had a look at the pharm soc website but couldn't find any.

If anyone can help me out I would very much appreciate it. And if anyone has got any tips for the exam.

Many thanks

Sob_khan

Re: Pre-reg past exam papers

Usually need to find someone who's qualified recently and hound them til they give you them.

Comment

I asked the society for some about seven years ago as the independent that i was working for wanted to take on a pre-reg but they would not issue me any.
      It seems that they do not issue any because they don't change the exam from year to year.
      You could speak to a newly-qualified pharmacist about the exam and the sort of questions asked.
      There are some books about pre reg exams so you could try these.
      Look on amazon or the phamaceutical press.

Comment

The RPSGB website used to have a few sample papers online a couple of years ago. If I could remember any of the questions I'd tell you...but I can't. Just remember the difference between conc peppermint water/double strength peppermint water/peppermint water. If you fail that question the RPSGB will probably hunt you down and force you to work as a tech for the rest of your life...

Comment

You must know some newly qualified pharmacists who have past papers. I did my pre-reg in hospital and they had a 2 files full of the sample papers sent out by the society since about 1998.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Re: Pre-reg BOOKS

HI
              Can anyone recommend which pre-reg book I should buy?.........community pharmacy by paul rutter or Symptoms in the pharmacy by alison blenkinsopp???

Comment

Originally posted by pre-reg1 View Post
                HI
                Can anyone recommend which pre-reg book I should buy?.........community pharmacy by paul rutter or Symptoms in the pharmacy by alison blenkinsopp???
                Don't forget the Continuing Education articles in the C&D - much easier to digest and remember than those in the PJ. In my view anyway.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

blenkinsopps good

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                    Don't forget the Continuing Education articles in the C&D - much easier to digest and remember than those in the PJ. In my view anyway.
                    What is C&D?

Comment

Hi

I have used the "symptoms in pharmacy" blenkinsopp it is good it has more conditions than the paul rutter one. But the paul rutter has pictures which are good for skin conditions. Have a look at both books and decide which one you think is best for you.

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                      X