X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourself !!!

Hi Everyone

Please feel free to write a bit about yourself, so others can get to know you better. If you have a personal website, then place a link on your introduction so we can all visit it. This does not include commercial sites such as those selling drugs, locum agencies etc. If in doubt ask admin.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS COMMUNITY GROW

Welcome to The Pharmacy Forum
    Last edited by admin; 21st, October 2010, 11:04 PM.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Hi there! I know it's so unlike me to jump in and go first! Me being shy and retiring and all!

I studied at Aston and qualified with LLoyds in 1994.
    I did another year with them after my pre-reg. (At the time that almost warranted a long service award from them!)
    I did two years with the Co-op in Plymouth. This was where I met my wife (Love over the Calpol! Not literally, our clothes would have got sticky! )

Have been locuming ever since and now live in Newquay.

We have a five year old daughter that runs us ragged.

I have set up a pharmacy website:

Pharmacistance

Which has long been neglected but the links to useful sites should still work.

In my freetime I write.

I've written three books and 13 short stories.

My first two books are unpublished but were both shortlisted in the Undiscovered Authors Competition in 2005.

Second Chances is being reviewed for the Christmas Miscellany PJ.

My short story Monsters was shortlisted in a short stry competition and all are available to buy at

Eloquent e-Tales

Hope you like 'em!

I really think pharmacy could be a lot better but not sure if it will ever get there! But I am willing to try to help, which is why I've put myself up for the English Pharmacy Board.

Vote for me!

My election statement is on this site on the "Decided to try moaning from a greater height" thread in the Pharmacy News section.

I think that's it from me.

All the best

Linnear
    Last edited by Linnear; 11th, March 2007, 09:36 PM.
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hi All

Well as I started this forum I guess I should write a bit here.

My name is Elaine Hutton and I am .........4.......2....no make that 27.....

I left school at 17 after getting ten "O" levels and went to work in industry in the forumulation development department of Reckitt & Colman as a lab technician, and stayed for the next 5 years. During this time I studied for a Btec in science and a HNC in chemistry. There were 7 pharmacists in our lab, all with PhD's, and to be a pharmacist was seen as a great job. So I left and went to study pharmacy, and did my pre-reg with a local small chain of eight shops.

Since then, I have done all sorts. I've been a relief pharmacist, worked in two hospitals, managed three stores, and have ended up being a locum as I like the freedom it gives me.

I am happily married to Paddy, who is a builder. We have two cats, but no kids.

I have always had loads of hobbies, and at the moment love golf, poker, fishing, golf, koi carp, golf, travelling, tropical fish, golf, computers (especially games where you get to blow people to bits) and....... did I mention golf?

I went to John Moores in Liverpool.

At work I try to do the best job I can, and am told by the agency I use that I am one of the most asked after pharmacists they have. At work I try to be serious about the job, but relaxed and informal with the staff. If I couldn't talk about anything other then pharmacy all day I'd go nuts.

I started up a needle exchange scheme from scratch, and had over 500 clients within six months. I had a couple of minor scraps through that job, and have been to court for the police three times. The last time I went, the defendent was found guilty of shop lifting, breaking her ASBO, assault, possession of heroin, and resisting arrest. She was fined £40, so I ain't going any more as it's a waste of time.

In general my life is very happy, but work bores me to be honest, as I feel under utilised, not stimulated and not appreciated. If I had my time over I would have maybe been a vet as I love animals.

My worst habit is smoking.....tut tut...........
      Last edited by admin; 1st, February 2007, 06:55 AM.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Test Photo

How cool is this woman...............
        Attached Files
        Last edited by admin; 5th, March 2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Test 2

I'm the skinny one on the left!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by admin; 5th, March 2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Test Photo 3

Bruce - the week I got him! Gee I loved that little guy!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by admin; 5th, March 2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Test Photo 4

This is one of the many photos I took of Pink when I smuggled the camera into her concert!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by admin; 5th, March 2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

AAAHHHHH!!!!
                it's a Puppeeee!!!!!
                Go on then, introduce us!!!!
                Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                  AAAHHHHH!!!!
                  it's a Puppeeee!!!!!
                  Go on then, introduce us!!!!
                  That was my boy Bruce. He lived until he was 11 and 1/2 and died last year. He had a brain tumour, and he just got wobbly on his feet one day, the vet came to see him, and I got a call at work saying she was going to put him down.

I was so upset that Lloyds got a replacement pharmacist so I could be with him at the end! I had to take the rest of the day off - their idea!

Comment

Re: Introduce Yourself !!!

I decided to post here, because I want to show you my pets too (sorry about Bruce
                    Hope that admin will be kind enough to put photos here soon.
                    I have a dog - his name is Cortez (he is a golden retriever) and two cats (tabbies I guess) - a girl is called Sabina, an my little guy's name is Gerwazy. They are all sweet and I love them very much. Kynology is my hobby, and I even settled a web site dedicated to that topic.
                    As you know I live in Poland. I've been working as a pharmacist for two years now. I didn't want to do the course actually, but... both my parents are pharmacists (yeah...). And I work with them in our pharmacy (:/). Things are getting slowly worse and worse here but this is a different story.
                    I like my job in fact - but what I don't like about it - are patients... They drive me crazy. But I keep smiling, and I'm really very patience, although inside dealing with people tires me very much. Maybe one day I'll try working in a lab or something like that. I've tried some journalism recently, and it showed up quite satisfying, so maybe it's my chance.
                    I have no children, and it doesn't seem I want any. I'm married to Bartosz, he deals with computers and computer networks.
                    Oh, I learn english all the time, and I'm making progess (I want to believe so at least....

Comment

if that's young Cortez the golden retriever on your homepage, he's gorgeous!
                      I think your English is pretty amazing already, and don't worry about the weird British sense of humour, the Brits don't always understand it either!
                      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Cathedral's Darlings...........

Here's Cathedral's lovely pets!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you admin!
                          Zoggite - it's Cortez on the banner on my homepage . If you, or anyone - would like to see some more photos it's enough to click "Galeria Corteza" - it's on the left side of the menu. There is a lot of albums. You may also find some photos of me and my husband there if you search long enough
                          Thanks for all compliments

Comment

Re: Test 2

Originally posted by admin View Post
                            I'm the skinny one on the left!
                            Was that snap taken at Port ventura in spain
                            Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Re: Test 2

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
                              Was that snap taken at Port ventura in spain
                              No it was at Universal Studio's in Los Angeles. That's the real Woody Woodpecker you know!

Comment

Working...
                              X