Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technician Education/Training Career Pathway

Hello,
    First time poster here, so im hoping I have done this right!

I am currently a pre-registration technician in a busy NHS Trust, and am due to qualify and register in the coming months. I am potentially looking at a career in training. Does anybody have any experience as a remote NVQ assessor or a similar role? There are opportunites in my area with a training company, however I have heard mixed reviews about how rewarding the work is. If anybody has any insight into what the role entails, pros and cons, or any tips on what they might be looking for, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

OK if you go for an interview, you will give feed back, Wont you?
    johnep

Comment

Though you are a pre-reg technician, only you know your 'life so far'. So a question around that.... How much experience of training or other life experience can you draw upon to meet the challenges of a training position?
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I have only been in Pharmacy for 3 years, which I know wouldnt amount to alot of experience. I do have a first class degree (unrelated to pharmacy), so I have a reasonable understanding of formal learning environments, mentoring, marking, working to a fairly high standard etc. I've produced a few bits of informational content (posters, factsheets) for work, but havent had any formal training. Its a path I'd like to explore a bit more, even if I dont have the required experience at the moment to pursue it

Comment

Originally posted by Lysander View Post
          I have only been in Pharmacy for 3 years, which I know wouldnt amount to alot of experience. I do have a first class degree (unrelated to pharmacy), so I have a reasonable understanding of formal learning environments, mentoring, marking, working to a fairly high standard etc. I've produced a few bits of informational content (posters, factsheets) for work, but havent had any formal training. Its a path I'd like to explore a bit more, even if I dont have the required experience at the moment to pursue it
          Get into aseptics.

If you want a career in training, outside of pharmacy, look at more vocational type teaching quals and colleges.

Wouldn't worry about the other stuff you sound more educated than the average pharmacist.

Comment

I met several assistants in Pharmacy with degrees in Biology.
            Interested in exactly what subject your degree was.
            I hope not Media Studies.
            johnep.

Comment

Nearly biology. Earth sciences. Interesting subject but job opportunities are scarce

Comment

Sorry to hear that. One of the Med Reps did a degree in Marine Biology. Worked on Fish Farms for a couple of years feeding the fish until decided no future in that field for him and became a Medical Rep.
                Tony Blair has a great deal to answer for as have the colleges giving students dreams. My initial thoughts of a job was to go into weather forecasting with a vague liking for a spell in the North and South Polar regions. This my father quashed and after taking me to a career advisory centre, pharmacy was advised.
                In the Victorian times, young men wanted to become engineers like Brunel.
                Engine driving was seen as glamorous to be replaced by becoming a Pilot in the sky.
                However, it is now TV presenting.
                johnep

Comment

Working...
                X