Boots Docket / plastic sleeve and bagging system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots Docket / plastic sleeve and bagging system

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me remember how the Boots docket system used to work and also the system they brought out after that with the alphanumeric shelves and coloured paper plastic sleeves ( if my memory serves me right) to help find patients Rx’s for pick up on the waiting shelves . I used to work as a locum from 2004 to 2012 and am currently back in NZ. Could someone please help me remember as I would like to use one of them in our pharmacy back in NZ. Do they maybe use another system now??

Hi, it's not hard really. All they do is allocate a location for a rx by placing it in a docket sleeve or by writing A1 or B6 etc on it based on a named location. Then all rx get files alphabetically in an index box. Mr A Kiwi comes in you go to your index box under K look at what location is written on it say for example A1 shelf or W7 go there and pick it up! Is that what you wanted to know?

Comment

As Primrose said, it is still in use as described. Coloured dockets A-Z. Location can be anywhere, on back shelf in CHOM, overflow drawer 2 ect. But I usually find them in a basket waiting to be checked in the mountain on the checking bench.

Comment

How true. i would arrive on a Saturday morning and as soon as we opened, in came the addicts, people urgently wanting 20 item scripts waiting as have coach/bus to catch.
        A pile of baskets to check. missing items to be found. (one morning 18 totes to search through) and girls wanting EHC. (Could I have them immediately please, my parents are outside, I told them needed some STs). staff with urgent queries etc etc.
        johnep

Comment

Yes John Sir, that is exactly community pharmacy in a nutshell.

Comment

God, I've been trying all day to find the answer to this question. Thanks. By the way, my mother recently had the surgery and she was advised to wear a compression sleeve for faster rehabilitation. With proper use of the sleeve, the duration of treatment will be very short. So I'm looking for the best option for my mom right now. Her doctor advised us to read an article about how to use a compression sleeve correctly and which one is best to buy. But in the meantime, I would like to ask if you have had any experience using an elbow sleeve. What can you recommend?
            Last edited by AndreaBlake65Opb; 24, September 2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X