Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots Trainee Pharmacy Advisor Interview

Hello all,

Tomorrow I have an interview for a Trainee Pharmacy Advisor role for Boots.

I am new to the Pharmacy world and I have never worked in a Pharmacy before but I have been trying very hard to work in a Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician for over a year!

Any tips and advice as to how to ace the interview would be appreciated.

Never heard of this title before. Sounds like a bit of a fancy title for a low paid job.
    Search the forum using the search box for interviews.
    johnep

Comment

It is low paid yes but it is a step into the pharmacy world and I can undertake the medicines counter assistant nvq2 and pharmacy atenchican nvq2 and 3 and accuracy checking pharmacy technician through boots through this role ...

Comment

It sounds like a HCA style role.

Make a lot of any customer service experience you have. Think of a time you managed a difficult interaction to a favorable outcome. Think of any time you dealt with conflict. Have an example of how you work as part of a team.

Make sure to take any commitment to training to NVQ3 and beyond with a pinch of salt. By all means get your foot in the door but there is a lot of competition to be placed on the expensive NVQ3 courses and the new person is usually at the bottom of the list.
        I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Because you are applying for a trainee advisor they probably will ask general questions like Why boots, Why a pharmacy, Examples of your team work ,Your best customer assistant experience.Your strengths and weaknesses and flexibility. etc. Be confident and answer all questions.

Comment

Hi guys thanks for your responses, I have had the interview

Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
            It sounds like a HCA style role.
            The funny thing is in certain areas Boots has a Trainee Healthcare Advisor and Healthcare Advisor roles. For Trainee HCA it's like checking blood pressure and just doing the MCA NVQ 1 or 2 and a Healthcare Advisor is excepted to have a MCA NVQ 2.. AFTER this Boots states you can progress onto being a Pharmacy Advisor.

Make a lot of any customer service experience you have. Think of a time you managed a difficult interaction to a favorable outcome. Think of any time you dealt with conflict. Have an example of how you work as part of a team.
            I got asked only two questions. Both which I wasn't excepting but I think I did alright.

Make sure to take any commitment to training to NVQ3 and beyond with a pinch of salt. By all means get your foot in the door but there is a lot of competition to be placed on the expensive NVQ3 courses and the new person is usually at the bottom of the list.
            I think Trainee Pharmacy Advisors are put onto Boots in house NVQ2 and the store manager said the right people will progress onto Level 3 and Being registered as a Accuracy Checking... so yeah basically what you're saying..

Originally posted by karsa View Post
            Because you are applying for a trainee advisor they probably will ask general questions like Why boots, Why a pharmacy, Examples of your team work ,Your best customer assistant experience.Your strengths and weaknesses and flexibility. etc. Be confident and answer all questions.
            Yeah the Store Manager did ask Why pharmacy and boots, flexibility but only asked two competency based questions one: what skills can I bring to the role and two: when I have own took the initiative to learn something without being probed to. I was expecting more questions like above and more why do you think you'll be a good fit for the job and any relevant experience to pharmacy I have..

Anyways,

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback on the interview. It should hopefully help others in the future.

Good luck working at the shoe. Definitely give yourself some time to reflect on where in pharmacy you would like to work (hospital pharmacy offers lots of progression with far less stress).
              I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Working...
              X