No announcement yet.

Pharmacy Assistant Job interview Help??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy Assistant Job interview Help??

Hi,
    I've been invited to go for an interview for a Pharmacy assistant, I was just wondering what the basic maths & literacy test consists off?? Is it quite easy or hard? Also could anyone help with what sort of questions that they may ask me? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank You

Search the forum using the search box. Generally for an assistant they just want someone who is presentable, can add up. and eager to learn.
    johnep

Comment

I doubt they will actually have any type of numeracy test at the interview. If they do it will be basic addition and multiplication, so don't worry about it.

What they are really looking for is a good team player with good people skills.

Comment

If it is a chain like boots or asda or morrisons etc they are most likely to want so called customer service skills. A counter assistant makes the dispenser and pharmacist's life more bareable.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, no it's in a hospital ( in patients) I've worked in pharmacy before but just really nervous about the interview & maths test

Comment

Everyone who gets interviewed where I work has to do a maths test, but it is community. It is calculating simple doses, like how much penicillin suspension to give, how many tablets, halving, doubling and total quantity etc. Also this test has another function - to show that the applicant will say that they don't know rather than guess. Literacy I'm not sure what that would be, perhaps to check you're fluent in English? Or that you can decipher a doctor's hand writing lol.

Comment

That's great

Comment

For hospital I'd have thought they'd be a reasonably robust calculations test, this is what I had when I applied for hospital jobs before I worked in community pharmacy. Literacy tests in hospital were common for a variety of jobs, usually was things like spelling patients' names and converting 24 hour clock to 12 hour clocks, date of birth calculations and so on. It could be a level 1 literacy test as it standard elsewhere.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hiya just to let everyone know I got the job. The interview was fine ( usual questions )& the maths test was just basic maths ( subtraction, adding etc) & the literacy test was to write a short piece about a perfect dinner guest.
                    Hope this help anyone else who is going for an interview

Comment

Thanks Louiselee. Without feed back we cannot help others.Many enquiries want to know but cannot be bothered to leave feed back. Thanks for your return.
                      johnep

Comment

The golden answer is this:
                        I can do any day of the week and any time no matter how short thr shift is I am very flexible and I dont have to be contracted full time.

say that and they would snatch your hands off and kiss you ( not the kissing part maybe)

Comment

Working...
                        X