X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pharmaceutical industry

I Someshver Sirvi. I am pursuing Bachlor of pharmacy. I am from india
    Please Answer me

How to start a pharmaceutical industry. What is the basic requirements for start pharmaceutical industry.

About 2-5 million pounds. In UK where the industry now moved overseas to India and Eastern Europe. Or you could buy wholesale and try to compete in the retail market.
    johnep

Comment

It would depend if you intend to research your own drugs 200 million or so pounds needed for that. Then you need premises, staff, labs etc etc All I can suggest is reading how the UK or USA pharmaceutical industries developed, which other countries have followed similar models etc.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I am a student trying to pursue a caeer in industry.. currently in the middle of applying for pre registration places. Can someone please help me

Comment

so, have you written to all the pharma comapanies asking for a pre reg place?
          johnep

Comment

hey the application season is just starting.. and there are only 13 places .. im just trying to update my cv and was wondering if there were any tips

Comment

That is what you should have said at the beginning. You must read your post before sending. I suspect that what you meant to ask was how you start in the pharma industry. You left out the"in".
              Remember, we have no idea of who you are or your background. You asked how to start a pharma industry. What you meant was "How do I start in the pharma industry"?.
              Are the 13 places in one company, are they hospital, retail or industry? We cannot try to answer a question until we know the details.
              Sorry to nag you but we have lots of these open questions where the poster assumes we know everything about them.
              johnep

Comment

Hello no... hospital and community applications are separate to industry this year. for hospital and community there is a centralised application system through a system called Oriel with industry its with companies such as GSK, Bristol-Myers squibb and Pfizer. The other places require you to have had a summer placement with them. I have an offer at a community pharmacy already just was wondering if there were any advice you give into getting a pre reg at an industrial sector

Comment

When I was a student, I worked a holiday job with one of the large pharma companies. In those days you just wrote in and asked. Pay was half that in retail, but experience was valuable.
                  Pharma industry has been decimated and the constant antagonism has not helped. Many TV plots involve pharma companies being the bad guys. India is now a large supplier to the NHS.
                  So, try the Indian companies such as Ranbaxy.
                  The specials companies are also an alternative.
                  So, have you tried these?
                  No good expecting jobs to come to you, you must seek them out. Remember we did not have Google in those days.
                  johnep

Comment

Working...
                  X