CD problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD problems

Dr could not calculate a week! One supply on 29th June. Then he must have forgotten 30days in June and put next supply for 5th July.

Pt came in for weekly methadone yesterday (ie day late). I was just going to deduct a day but girls said must get prescriber to confirm. Dr had already forgotten pt always has SF so script had to go back.

I want Dr to add the phrase to script re late pick up. Phoned NPA to get wording but now have forgotten Could not see in my copy of Ethics dated July 2006.

Can anyone give the correct wording please.
    johnep

Re: CD problems

From PJ:

“Instalment prescriptions covering more than one day should be collected on the specified day; if this collection is missed the remainder of the instalment (ie, the instalment less the amount prescribed for the day(s) missed) may be supplied.”
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Thanks, I will print some labels out with this wording so I can return to Dr with script.
      johnep

Comment

Hi,
        I think that you can't follow the instruction of the new wordings unless they are printed on the prescription !

Comment

I think John means to send the labels to the Drs so they can print it on the Rxs.
          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Yep, I have printed out a page of labels to stick on 'Dear Dr' notes.
            However, knowing our local Dr who handwrites all scripts, he will soon tire of writing such a long rigmarole.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
              Yep, I have printed out a page of labels to stick on 'Dear Dr' notes.
              However, knowing our local Dr who handwrites all scripts, he will soon tire of writing such a long rigmarole.
              johnep
              Buy your local GP a rubbers stamp with it all printed on.

Jeff

Comment

Look, I am fed up with buying new sets of CD keys, staples, etc and I would need several rubber stamps. had thought about it but they cost £16 a time and hardly room for that long sentence. trying to get petty cash out of multiples is a waste of time. One kept the delivery driver waiting two or three months for petrol cost.
                johnep

Comment

A disreputable type pharmacist might take the law into their own hands get a stamp, keep it at the pharmacy and get the Dr's authorisation to use it on certain scripts!

There are real bastards out there you know!

No thought for the law!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
                    A disreputable type pharmacist might take the law into their own hands get a stamp, keep it at the pharmacy and get the Dr's authorisation to use it on certain scripts!

There are real bastards out there you know!

No thought for the law!
                    That is crimethink citizen Linnear. Be on your guard for the thought police from this moment onwards.

Wonder if you could get a 'letter of general authorisation' from the doctor that would allow you to use the stamp in the pharmacy?
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                      That is crimethink citizen Linnear. Be on your guard for the thought police from this moment onwards.
                      Don't know what you mean. I could not condone such action and my post reflects that very fact.
                      Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working at Llyds this week. Told that SOP says all CDs have to be leld back for dispensing when pt comes in. This causes problems when busy.

any one got the actual SOP wording.? My practice to make up methadones at start of day. wish to get them out of the pharmacy ASAP.
                        johnep

Comment

This is a coincidence, as the locum from yesterday deducted one dose from a persons week long methadone supply, and there was no stamp or written instructions on the script. I phoned the agency so they could let him know not to do it again, but what would happen if the society inspector got hold of this - would he be in trouble?
                          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                            This is a coincidence, as the locum from yesterday deducted one dose from a persons week long methadone supply, and there was no stamp or written instructions on the script. I phoned the agency so they could let him know not to do it again, but what would happen if the society inspector got hold of this - would he be in trouble?
                            It's a professional decision - whatever the pharmacist in charge deems to be in the patients best interests.
                            Could the pharmacist be in trouble for making a professional decision at odds with the law of the land - yes.
                            I've made similar decisions in the past - will continue to make them in the future.
                            I also inform the prescriber (or more usually their answer phone) of my actions.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                              Working at Llyds this week. Told that SOP says all CDs have to be leld back for dispensing when pt comes in. This causes problems when busy.

any one got the actual SOP wording.? My practice to make up methadones at start of day. wish to get them out of the pharmacy ASAP.
                              johnep
                              John

Do you mean you have to dispense it when the patient actually comes in? I work at lots of Lloyds and none of them do that - especially the one that does 200 a day (Friday for me).
                              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
                              X