This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUR Examples

Please post any problems, or solutions to MUR examples here.

Please be aware that all examples given must NOT contain any actual patient names or addresses etc. These must strictly remain confidential, and the section is for discussion and learning of what you may encounter whilst doing MUR's.

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL EXAMPLES !!!
    Last edited by admin; 20, June 2007, 01:23 AM.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Re: MUR Examples

Think carefully before posting as patient confidentiality MUST be considered.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Think carefully before posting as patient confidentiality MUST be considered.

Jeff
      Jeff

I've put a warning up about confidentiality. I didn't intend (and I'm sure nobody else did) to use actual patients names. We discuss patient drug use all the time on the forum and never use actual names. Whats the difference with MUR's ?
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Does Jeff mean that no trials should ever be published as they contain data about pts. Is he able to discover a pts name from a description of a case history?
        If so, should make a fortune as a stage act!
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Does Jeff mean that no trials should ever be published as they contain data about pts.
          Patients are aware that they are in a trial
          Is he able to discover a pts name from a description of a case history?
          I don't need to - if the patient can identify themselves - then the harm has been done.

Take legal/PDA advice before continuing.

Jeff

Comment

OK I surrender, put MUR discussions in Pharmacist only section.
            Yesterday on PRX I posted re MgCl for a pt. This I agree could be unique and just possible pt could identify herself. However, prx restricted access. If MUR discusion put on Pharmacist only section then this should solve problem.
            johnep

Comment

Ok

I think it's over the top, but I've moved it to the pharmacist section. You need to be a qualified pharmacist, and registered to use the private pharmacist section on the forum to post on MUR use.

Comment

Working...
              X