This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUR accreditation

I'm havign a bitch of a time getting through the CPPE MUR on-line accreditation. I can't get past the 2nd part. Anyone got any ideas where I can find all fo the MUR regs listed?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Can't help you there, I'm afraid: as soon as the cppe website detected my RPSGB number was from an address in Wales, it refused to even let me see the course...Damn Sassenachs!
    So I did the "skills for the future" one from the Medway School instead, all the materials & CD-rom were included in the C&D magazine over the last 2 years...
    Dead Easy, a day's work, if that!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear
      I'm havign a bitch of a time getting through the CPPE MUR on-line accreditation. I can't get past the 2nd part. Anyone got any ideas where I can find all fo the MUR regs listed?
      There was a book that came round from the PSNC.

However the old Wordstar shortcuts do allow you to cut and paste the questions (and your answers) into a word file so that you can revise for your second attempt.

Jeff

Comment

Finally Bl**y done it!

Found a Moss training pack that helped me throught he dodgy questions on part 2.

Anyone else having problems major stumbling blocks I had were:

GP has to have given permission

A bystander can sit in as long as patient gives consent.

Patient doesn't have to have been on drugs for 8 weeks.

Hope this helps others

Thing is I'm now MUR qualified but I'm not telling anyone! I've done it to prove a point to myself and so that I'm qualified if there ever comes a day that we have to be.

Until then i'm keeping schtum! Unless they offer extra pay for MUR accredited locums!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Well done Linnear

Finally Bl**y done it!
          Congratulations Linnear! Hope you had a glass or two to celebrate!
          Yup and I would also keep it quiet - I have qualified, but no consulting room has been installed yet (What a pity!!)

Comment

I can just feel that you're totally gutted Womble!
            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Ok I admit it, I haven't even looked at it yet. Do you just log onto the CPPE website and go from there?

Did it let you know you had passed straight away Linnear, or did you have to wait a while?

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Thing is I'm now MUR qualified but I'm not telling anyone! I've done it to prove a point to myself and so that I'm qualified if there ever comes a day that we have to be.

Until then i'm keeping schtum! Unless they offer extra pay for MUR accredited locums!
                I too have avoided doing MUR/anything extra. Quite simply because I'll be expected to do MURs on top of five billion billion squillion items without any extra staff.

Comment

That's a lot of items! I thought I was busy!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

MUR accreditation

The CPPE programme is not exactly a walk through the park .Part 1 is very easy especially if you've done most of their distance learning packs,Part 2 is not so easy and you need the Drug Tariff ,focusing mainly onthe minister's of health service specification,Part 3 is okay ...in my opinion part 2 is the tricky part ,the other parts are fine.

I'm Keele accredited..that was great fun

Any one need MURs done.....I'm available for weekend bookings
                    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Re: MUR accreditation

I'm expected to have this Mur accreditation in the next 3 months. So which is the best way to have it?

Comment

CPPE accreditation is free but can be annoying. Already on this board is some help I've given on passing the second (Hardest) section.

If you're being made to be accredited I assume that you are an employee following company orders. In which case get them to stump up the cash for the Reading Uni course which is more comprehensive and easier to pass.
                        Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I've actually done my MUR and sent it off - along with my sixty quid for marking it! I sent it ages ago, but haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long it takes? I did the Medway one, and was told on the phone by them it can take weeks, but that was weeks ago!
                          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I attended a one day course given by Claire McKay at sigma offices in watford. Very very intensive but at end of day we all stumped up the cash and our certs followed a few weeks later.
                            That was over a year ago and not done one MUR since, what I would love is a forum with worked actual examples.
                            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                              I attended a one day course given by Claire McKay at sigma offices in watford. Very very intensive but at end of day we all stumped up the cash and our certs followed a few weeks later.
                              That was over a year ago and not done one MUR since, what I would love is a forum with worked actual examples.
                              johnep
                              Would anyone share a recent MUR with the group?
                              Anonymise the patient, give them a near DoB and let us all get to work on it?
                              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X