Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispensary assistants module 4 NPA

Hi ,

I just have a question please , is it still nizoral cream an SLS item ? Many thanks

Check in the current drug tariff, should be in section 18b

Comment

I'm a NPA Marker and Nizoral Cream is an SLS item

Comment

If you have any more problems with ADAC Module 4 please feel free to ask

Comment

Hi folks! Will anybody guide me with question number 5 please? Manu thanks for help

Comment

It’s asking you to identify what are Pom and what are available otc products, you would advise the patient to buy the lypsyl otc as it will be a lot cheaper than an rx charge. This leaves the remaining items which would need a rx charge to be paid.

Comment

As advised, the Lypsyl cannot be dispensed because it is not listed in the Dental Practitioner's Formulary (DPF) and because it is blacklisted (listed in Part XVIIIA of the Drug Tariff).
              The charge for the prescription in Case Study 1 would be TWO charges.
              As Lypsyl is not allowed, you would not charge a prescription charge (also cheaper to buy OTC)

Comment

If you need any more help just feel free to ask. ADAC Module 4 is a difficult module and the questions sometimes a little repetitive in terms of answers required.
                If you need help in identifying what information is required with regards to Ques. 6 - different types of non-medical prescribers. Please feel free to ask.
                Hope this helps.

Comment

• Purban
                  Purban commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would love that! Can I also ask about question 5

Comment

Hi Purban,
                  For ques 5a) - No, Nizoral cannot be dispensed as it is an SLS item (found in Part XVIIIB of the drug tariff) and the prescriber has not written SLS on the prescription.
                  5b) - SLS must be added against Nizoral and it can only be added by the prescriber, not the pharmacist.
                  Some students also comment on the fact there is not enough information regarding the required hosiery - i.e. colour, size, open or closed toe?
                  For ques. 6a) Nurse prescribers include;- Community practitioner nurse prescribers ( Part XVIIB(i) - lists items they can prescribe ), Nurse supplementary prescribers and Nurse Independent Prescribers (Part XVIIB (ii) of drug tariff - lists items independent prescribers can prescribe)
                  Pharmacist Prescribers include;- Pharmacist Supplementary prescribers and Pharmacist Independent Prescribers.
                  Other Independent Prescribers include; - Optometrist, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist and radiographer.
                  Full details of what each can prescribe is on http://psnc.org.uk/dispensing-supply...ion-form-valid and click on link on page for 'Who can prescribe what?'. This also shows what forms each uses (i.e. answer for 6b.)
                  Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you so much Karen! I did manage to find the answer to q5a in drug tariff but 5b I wasn’t quite sure about. I agree, it seems like there are some information missing about the stockings. Thank you for quick reply as well

Comment

Hi, sorry to bother you again. In question 6a I’ve answered that we could endorse it MF but my colleague says that it is wrong and I should’ve endorse it PC because we don’t know the size and prescription doesn’t state MTM..

Comment

Working...
                      X