CRBs and home MURs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRBs and home MURs

Local PCT anxious to have MURs carried out in residential homes etc. However, state will be necessary for 'enhanced' CRB check which PCT will pay for.

As my legs get worse from OA, the thought of providing a domicillary MUR service sounds appealing as would be able to sit down while doing.

Anyone else had any experience?

johnep

Re: CRBs and home MURs

no experience but recently done an EHC course which needed me to do the enhanced CRB check. the paperwork involved isn't too onerous - the hard part is finding all the suitable documents for them to photocopy...
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

home visit MUR'S i've found to be the best professionally - one of the main points of doing MUR'S is to first of all find out if the punter is taking the stuff - if they're doing it as gp/pharmacist think (?) & if NOT why not - you can get a much clearer picture of things if you're in the patient's home - take care with getting consent from PCT each time (SBPCT will post out a letter after they've received the application for offsite MUR) & get patient/patient representatives approval (verbal) to start asking questions etc - pick your patient's wisely - who is likely to be having problems etc - they tend to take twice as long as MUR's you'd do in the pharmacy BUT i found (recently resigned - now starting locuming in Midlands) gave a clearer insight as to how patient's actually deal with medication

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        Local PCT anxious to have MURs carried out in residential homes etc. However, state will be necessary for 'enhanced' CRB check which PCT will pay for.

As my legs get worse from OA, the thought of providing a domicillary MUR service sounds appealing as would be able to sit down while doing.

Anyone else had any experience?

johnep
        Only just seen this. Regulations make this very, very difficult. However, with good will, can be done. PSNC against.

Comment

two points come to mind.
          first you need PCT permission to do MUR's away from the pharmacy-presumably they want the pharmacist to do a dom visit to the home. Or is the PCT planning on a coach trip to the pharmacy for the residents. that i would like to see.
          secondly we are suppose to do an MUR with the patient. what if they are a little out of it with dementia. i would love to see the answer to "do you know what your aricept are for?"perhaps they expect us to do the MUR with the carers. that would be fun for the information governace sop with any confidential issues.
          a bit of a mine field but i do know Lloyds are trying to do this with their homes and i sent an area manager away recently scratching thier head and pondering the points i raised. should be interesting to see if they come up with any loopholes in the legislation.

Comment

AFAIK it would be ok to do an mur in this situation - provided you've had the necessary CRB check and you've had the necessary approval from PCT for off-site MUR's - just do the MUR with the patient/resident present AND a carer (eg nurse who is involved with meds administration) in a suitable location eg resident's room or in an area that's suitable eg office? If all this is done I would be sure that this would meet all the necessary requirements!

Comment

Working...
            X