Tiredness and errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiredness and errors

has anyone made any dispensing errors in which you feel tiredness was the main factor?
    many of us have heard that being overtired can be equivalent to being just over the drink-drive limit when using a car - do you think that tiredness can play a big role in dispensing errors?
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Re: Tiredness and errors

maybe i missed the replies - i must have fallen asleep!
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

ermmmm, welll, not so far, funny thing is pharmacists are expected to work 8-12 hour shift without a proper break, and pharmacists so far have taken that shit,

Have Pharmacists ever wondered why it goes relatively a bit quiet around "lunch time"(for most pharmacies), well it's because people are having LUNCH, especially the DOCTORS.

generally a shift is atleast 8 hours, so without a luchbreak, they expect you to go hungry all day, tiredness would be the last thing to worry about here, what about hypoglycaemia, that gives you blurry vision to say the least aswell as tiredness!!!
      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

The professional people I know (and there are many of them because I am old) complain about not getting correct breaks and every man jack of them reckons that it compromises their performance. I have definitely been less effective when working without a break.

The trouble is, when I engage a locum they almost universally insist on working over lunch, some even refusing bookings because I insist on a break.

I have just got back from a long weekend in the South of France where a two hour break, including completely closing the premises is universal. Any "jack the lad" who bought a pharmacy and tried to cream the competition by opening lunchtimes and making himself more available would look a fool as the patients are having a two hour lunch break also!

I didn't see any obese French people in Provence (fat English, American and Russians) but I did see many many old people who walked large distances up death defying slopes who seemed very pleased with their quality of life.

I absolutely do believe we can learn from a more relaxed pace of life
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
          The professional people I know (and there are many of them because I am old) complain about not getting correct breaks and every man jack of them reckons that it compromises their performance. I have definitely been less effective when working without a break.

The trouble is, when I engage a locum they almost universally insist on working over lunch, some even refusing bookings because I insist on a break.

I absolutely do believe we can learn from a more relaxed pace of life
          Have had the same problem when looking for a locum in the past.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I didn't see any obese French people in Provence (fat English, American and Russians) but I did see many many old people who walked large distances up death defying slopes who seemed very pleased with their quality of life.

I absolutely do believe we can learn from a more relaxed pace of life[/QUOTE]

to add on, less obese body system as well
            [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
            [/COLOR]

Comment

I don't understand?
              http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Working...
              X