• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance. . .

How many have extra insurance?

i.e. extra to what your employer gives
    i.e. PDA or other insurers

At the moment i havent got any and am thinking about getting it.

After an email to my superintendant asking if I should get it, my reply was I dont need it as the company (large multiple) insurance is enough.

Who has it? Is so which company did you go with?

Re: Insurance. . .

Are the pda an insurance company or they a trade union for pharmacist?

Comment

PDA are both and are the best thing since sliced bread. If you are an employee or locum, then join the PDA pronto.
      johnep

Comment

What about the Guild of Healthcare Pharmacists? Or is that only for hospital staff?

Is the PDA applicable to hospital staff too?
        Lazy Lady...
        [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Yes the PDA is applicable to hospital pharmacists too. Their last but one quarterly magazine was aimed at hospital pharmacists IIRC. It should be on their website.

For anyone who wonders whether they should/should not have separate insurance, I recommend an article in their current magazine (there was a thread about this a while ago) - the one with the picture of David and Goliath on the front.
          Titch

Comment

PDA are excellent.
            Join today - Statistically during a career you WILL need their help.

Company insurance insures the company first and then you.

I have first hand experience of this. The PDA got me a solicitor on the phone giving lots of advice within 2 hours, the NPA wrote a few days later to say "let us know if someone puts a claim in".

Comment

Lots of good comments about the PDA….I’m already with them, I still have my locum insurance with them. I’m sure this can be easily adjusted to the ‘Hospital’ insurance.

How about the Guild of Healthcare pharmacists…does anyone know about this?

I really need to make a decision which one to go for…..
              Lazy Lady...
              [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Lazy Nite,

I've got insurance through the PDA - I'm insured as a hospital pharmacist and have a locum extension to that. To be fair, I'd go for the PDA whatever - they seem a very switched on organisation. Costs a few bob extra, but well worth it!

Band6
                Band6 is a Band 6 no longer.. now 7/8a

Comment

Working...
                X