dispensing errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dispensing errors

i know this documentary is sad! but still pharmacists are just humans who make errors" try not to but it's called HUMAN error". we get sacked from the industry if we make a SERIOUS ERROR.
    well i guess millions of ppl are dying because they can not afford to buy some food in this glove and no one is blaming the responsible ppl in power!

YouTube - 20/20's Story on Pharmacy Errors Part 1

this is soooooo biased against the role of a pharmacist!
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Re: dispensing errors

YouTube - 20/20's Story on Pharmacy Errors Part 2

part 2
    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
    [/COLOR]

Comment

It talks about how students are working there, so how on earth do they except us to get the experience.

Interestingly, does this type of thing ever happen in a hospital, it always happens in retail it seems.
      3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

be happy dude, we get all the challenge at community pharmacy, same as all the strucking of RPSGB
        Last edited by Rafael; 3, October 2009, 10:51 PM.
        [/COLOR]

Comment

You don't need to answer this Ray..but what do you actually do??
          Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Ray….

Trust me, hospital pharmacy is not crap. It is much stricter (in my opinion) and scripts that come in are validated by a pharmacist no 1, then labeled by a technician no1, then dispensed by a technician no2 and then finally checked by a pharmacist no 2. There are more people involved in the dispensing process to minimize errors.

I like community too, but a lot of patients tend to be on repeats….and labeling is a lot easier in community….
            Lazy Lady...
            [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              i know this documentary is sad! but still pharmacists are just humans who make errors" try not to but it's called HUMAN error". we get sacked from the industry if we make a SERIOUS ERROR.
              well i guess millions of ppl are dying because they can not afford to buy some food in this glove and no one is blaming the responsible ppl in power!

YouTube - 20/20's Story on Pharmacy Errors Part 1

this is soooooo biased against the role of a pharmacist!
              No it isn't - it complains about the conditions under which pharmacists are being forced to work.

A system in which success is defined in terms of prescription volume, cost efficiency and the rate of opening of new stores irrespective of the ability to properly staff them.

We have similar concerns in the UK.

Jeff

Comment

" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need to answer this Ray..but what do you actually do??"

huh? elaborate more plz
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  No it isn't - it complains about the conditions under which pharmacists are being forced to work.

A system in which success is defined in terms of prescription volume, cost efficiency and the rate of opening of new stores irrespective of the ability to properly staff them.

We have similar concerns in the UK.

Jeff
                  not to mention too much choices = increase error rates
                  you can get tablets, capsules, modified release tablets, modified released capsules, extended release capsules, extended release tablets, dispersible tablets, 1mg/ml, 1mg/ml SF, 10mg/ml, 100mg/ml, different brand, different pack size, different colours shapes sizes, gel, ointment, scalp gel, shampoo, intensive shampoo, different combinations products

patients get more medicines, new medicines for new conditions

careful and be vigilant
                  i am telling you about pharmacy life in practice, together with my personal opinions i think might be better for pharmacy practices

Comment

Working...
                  X