doctors hand writing is not clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctors hand writing is not clear

Doctors keep put us pharmacist in trouble with their bad hand writing. I also prefer if they write the generic name of a drug than the brand name.

some doctors are also very rude. I remember one time a MD have adalat 30mg LA tid x 1/12, written . I try to get him to change it, but he was arrogant. Antiguan pharmacist

Re: doctors hand writing is not clear

NPSA reports - Thats what they are for. There is a "illegable writing" reason listed for error contributing factors.

Comment

Visited Antigua on my cruise, loved it. From there to Cape Verde. What a contrast!.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
        NPSA reports - Thats what they are for. There is a "illegable writing" reason listed for error contributing factors.
        Or even "illegible writing"?
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Indeed doctors handwriting really sucks and sometimes only few pharmacist are making mistake when it comes on doctors prescription because they can't read it properly!

Comment

i think we've all had our fair share of tooth-gnashing with poorly written scripts - my pet hate is seeing the sticky label at the top of a green script that shouts "I'm a hospital script and bound to look like an arthritic spider fell in an inkpot and crawled across me"
            you then ring the hospital to find out that the person responsible has buggered off for the day playing golf and their secretary is as much help as a waterproof teabag.
            grrrr.

On a lighter note I did have some success with one Locum GP who shall remain nameless. I walked into the health centre (during a double cover day), meaningless scrawl in hand, and managed to catch them between patients.
            "Sorry Dr, we've all had a go with this one - we got the patient's details but none of us can decide what you actually prescribed. What did you want the patient to have?"
            "Er - let me see *looks at Rx* ooh, I'm not sure - let me check the notes *shuffles through handwritten stack of notes because he can't work the surgerys frankly arcane computer* ah, i can't read those either..."
            "Ok, can you remember what the patient came in with?"
            "um...no"
            "shall i just send them back to you quickly so you can refresh your memory?"
            "yes ok"

all further scripts from them were quite nice and neat. sometimes it's nice to wait until the penny drops with someone...

rant over
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

When I was on work experience we had a lady who was a little bit cantankerous! She sent someone in for a really URGENT EMERGENCY prescription that needed to be done ASAP ... but ... we couldn't read the scrall - it was only after reading the PMR that we matched this scrall on the urgent script as being pholcodeine

I fell into that one once though - a man handed me a stack of 4 hand written scripts - I got the records up and started to prepare labels, but I couldn't read the writing - so I made a quip that I'd have to speak to the pharmacist as I couldn't decipher the doctors writing ... it turned out the man was the doctor!!
              wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

Comment

Hand the whole issue back and insist he/she re-writes them legibly. After all, the only difference between God and a doctor is that God doesn't think he's a doctor! They're usually just baldy wee megalomaniacs with a degree from Bradford. (women included).
                Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                  Hand the whole issue back and insist he/she re-writes them legibly. After all, the only difference between God and a doctor is that God doesn't think he's a doctor! They're usually just baldy wee megalomaniacs with a degree from Bradford. (women included).
                  What's wrong with a degree from Bradford (I have one). Not many GP's do though - Bradford didn't have a medical school when I last looked.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    What's wrong with a degree from Bradford (I have one). Not many GP's do though - Bradford didn't have a medical school when I last looked.

Jeff
                    My pharmacy degree is also from Bradford.
                    Be careful what you say, those with Bradford pharmacy degrees will gang up on you.
                    And don't say Sheffield Hallam either, as that's where my MSc is from.
                    Last edited by Pharmanaut; 30, June 2008, 08:26 AM. Reason: caps
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

just be glad you didn't go to bath and get a degree in drinking like i did...
                      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Woah lads..point taken!! It's probably just that we always beat you in the football at the sports day..no hard feelings I hope? No medical school in Bradford?..sorry..they must have been from Glasgow.

Sheffield Hallam, however, does do a fierce good kebab.
                        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Working...
                        X