locum vs employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locum vs employee

got a leaflet/ card from multiple orange in colour - (any one else get it). it was enticing me to be an employee. had comparison of locum and employee earnings / benefits on each side. totally knocked locuming, but comparison incorrect and reflected badly on locum pay. it was quite erroneous.it added employee bonuses, mostly unattainable as part of pay ?????????? what a cheek.!!!

Re: locum vs employee

Everyone who has locumed for that multiple has had one. arrived Valentines day.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Everyone who has locumed for that multiple has had one. arrived Valentines day.
      johnep
      Do you think that was on purpose. Do they love you? Lost without you?
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
      (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Locum vs employee - leaflet

I got one too. I also got a phone call from the company last week asking if I would rather be an employee! I said no thanks, but got the leaflet anyway.

They also under estimated what I charge them and my annual income by quite a long way!
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I have no doubt there are some very good, highly professional, locums out in the community. There are also some who are less than professional..

Had a locum all fixed up for my annual holidays last year. We had exchanged e-mails, six months previously confirming our arrangement so was looking forward to that sunny beach in Turkey. Was therefore stunned when he phoned me one evening, just before departure, and said he was not doing the locum for me. No reason was given. Guess who will not be using him again. Neither will the multiple I work for as I put the word about as to his poor conduct.

Another locum insisted on using a taxi between the local railway station and the pharmacy I work at, a distance of about 400 yards. What I would call the height of laziness as it is an easy walk well sign-posted. According to the girls in the pharmacy he spent most of his time reading newspapers, which was easily confirmed by a FULL waste paper bin. Mind you they were QUALITY newspapers. None of this page 3 rubbish.

There may well be difficult days ahead for independant locums, at least those who do not pull their weight. The multiple I work is pushing us to use company employed locums/relief pharmacists as opposed to independant locums. Mind you the number of their branches with NO MANAGER is frightening, presumably run by locums. No wonder they are pushing so hard for one pharmacist being responsible for more than one pharmacy.

Comment

Originally posted by ymdawd View Post
            There may well be difficult days ahead for independant locums,
            Agreed

The multiple I work is pushing us to use company employed locums/relief pharmacists as opposed to independant locums.
            And so they should - it gives them an element of control (and consistency) that they can't guarantee with an independent locum.

Mind you the number of their branches with NO MANAGER is frightening, presumably run by locums.
            So they are naturally trying to squeeze the independent locum sector to make management seem more attractive.

Jeff

Comment

Any good locum coordinator will have their lists of independent locums - a simple feedback form allows the coordinator to build up a profile and know who to book and who not to book.

Comment

Originally posted by ymdawd View Post
                No wonder they are pushing so hard for one pharmacist being responsible for more than one pharmacy.
                That's frightening.
                Your description of your locum undermines the ones who "get in there and get the job done".
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Makes us good locums look even better though!

Comment

Professional agency, is that not an oxymoron? When I locum I deal directly with the owner or administrator. Dictate your terms and stay in control

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
                      Makes us good locums look even better though!
                      Indeed it does. That should never be forgotten.
                      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Called in this evening as other locum had to go home early. for once we were quiet so I decided to try out the LDS eMUR on myself.

As about as bad as compass. Cursor has to be moved to next tick box instead of moving so as to help you. Thought I had finished, but no would not allow me to print out and several lines of read indicated where I had to tick boxes which I had thought were not relevant.

Tried again, and again and each time further lines of red appeared.

20 mins later and still not finished, if had been real pt I would have died of embarassment.

In the end time to go home so I got out by ticking completed box and it allowed me to go home.

I do not think I will try an MUR again. If I was the pt I would have become very impatient.

Help please from all those who can complete correctly on the consulting room cptr in 4 mins.
                        johnep

Comment

Called in this evening as other locum had to go home early. for once we were quiet so I decided to try out the LDS eMUR on myself.

As about as bad as compass. Cursor has to be moved to next tick box instead of moving so as to help you. Thought I had finished, but no would not allow me to print out and several lines of read indicated where I had to tick boxes which I had thought were not relevant.

Tried again, and again and each time further lines of red appeared.

20 mins later and still not finished, if had been real pt I would have died of embarassment.

In the end time to go home so I got out by ticking completed box and it allowed me to go home.

I do not think I will try an MUR again. If I was the pt I would have become very impatient.

Help please from all those who can complete correctly on the consulting room cptr in 4 mins.
                          johnep
                          How does the Pharmacy Manager MUR compare in your view?
                          I think its good the way they have integrated it to the patient history and Interventions.
                          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Pharmacy Manager is a doddle compared to compass.
                            johnep

Comment

Pharmacy Manager is a doddle compared to compass.
                              johnep
                              What's wrong with paper? Its the only chance for a 15 minute sitdown that you get in some of these places.
                              ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X