another mur accreditation question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another mur accreditation question!

Thinking of doing the cppe online assessment but need to know where i can get background reading info from....?What books do i need?I also need to know which is the easiest/quickest assessment to do(for a very rusty Pharmacist!!).Need to get the assessment done by mid/end jan 08.thanx
    Last edited by rinol; 19, December 2007, 06:43 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling!

Re: another mur accreditation question!

Past CPPE packs....Adverse Drug RxNs
    Medicnes in Older people & the BNF

YOU will also need a DT (Drug Tariff ) for part 2

Good luck
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Originally posted by rinol View Post
      Thinking of doing the cppe online assessment but need to know where i can get background reading info from....?What books do i need?I also need to know which is the easiest/quickest assessment to do(for a very rusty Pharmacist!!).Need to get the assessment done by mid/end jan 08.thanx
      CPPE is cheap - but it's neither quick nor easy - Sometimes wholesalers run day courses (at a price) which virtually guarantee MUR accreditation.

Jeff

Comment

Yep, Sigma in watford hosted a Medway one day course. hard going but only one day.
        johnep

Comment

Thanks for the replies.....How does one get onto the one day courses?Nothing in PJ...have done short search online!.....Johnep,how did you get on the Medway course?Did you call up Sigma?Want to call before Xmas if poss!!
          thanks

Comment

I saw advert in C&D and contacted Sigma. I would suggest you contact Medway and ask where holding courses. I had to stay away overnight, so be prepared to travel.
            johnep

Comment

I just tried the CPPE MUR and failed section 1, but now that I tried it I wish I'd tried it earlier because I thought it was fairly easy. There was one question that I knew the answer to but accidentally pressed the Next button before selecting the right answer, so I don't know if that's why I failed, surely they don't expect you to get all the questions right. The annoying thing is that they don't allow you to go back and check or change any answers you put down, and you can't try the other sections until you've passed the ones before. So now I have to wait 6 days. Some one told me that Medway have stopped doing their MUR accred courses.

Comment

My friend failed section 2 three times - after speaking to CPPE apparently some of the questions are instant fails if you get them wrong so whilst you do not have to get everyone right, you do have to get the important ones right - just you do not know which is/are the important ones.

Did Medway myself but did CPPE parts 1 and 2 to see if I could see where she was going wrong and I failed part 2 first time round. Best advice I can give is go with safest option first, then with published option, and finally if no answer fitting one of those pick what you would do in real life!!
                Titch

Comment

I failed section 2 about a dozen times! Luckily then found an Alliance help folder which got me through.

For tips try this:

http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/mur-...editation.html

That should help with the tougher ones in section 2

Section 3: The hardest part is making sure you fill in all the gaps! I failed once because I saw a space i'd mised just as I pressed Next!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                  pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                  eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Just wanted to know how long the Medway course (via C&D)takes!Have lost a number of jobs as i do not have MUR cert!thanx

Comment

The course itself took me less than a day, then it took 9-10 days between posting my case studies off and receiving the letter stating that I'd "passed". The official "certificate" came a few weeks after that, but the first letter was enough to get me accredited with the Local Health Board (I'm in Wales, I think things are a bit different in England).
                      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Hey, I e-mailed Medway Greenwich University, and this was the reply I got:

'Thank you for your e-mail with respect to the above.

We are not running one day courses for Skills for the Future but
                        you can obtain a CD from the Druggists and Chemists Wedsite, or
                        alternatively we have a paper based version.

If you would be kind enough to let me have your address I will
                        forward this and other information to you.

Regards'

Comment

I have the CD from c&D, cost about £41. will look at it one day!
                          johnep

Comment

"Skills for the future" C&D CD: you can have mine if you're prepared to send me 3 boxes of After Eights (dark chocolate) in exchange...
                            Just PM me!
                            Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Hi Zoggite.......Does the C&D CD contain the 20 modules + assessment?If so,is your offer still open?!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X