more bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more bad news

it seems like the dispensing fee is gonna drop, keep checking the psnc website (Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy) for the official announcement should be this week some time!!!

Re: more bad news

Originally posted by anotherpharmer View Post
    it seems like the dispensing fee is gonna drop, keep checking the psnc website (Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy) for the official announcement should be this week some time!!!
    `

Sad. I think even 90p in pretty low.

Comment

ok seem like dispensing fee didn;t go down at all but practice payments have dropped from 35.6p to 25.2p!!! and most of the drug costs have been slashed!!!!

Comment

Um err what is a practice payment?
        johnep

Comment

quotes from psnc website
          Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy

Practice Payments are a significant element of the funding recharged to PCTs. All pharmacy contractors are eligible to receive the Practice Payments which include a contribution for the provision of auxiliary aids for people eligible under the Disability Discriminiation Act 1995 (DDA). The payments for the six months from October 2006 to March 2007 are set out in the table below:

PS almost forgot to mention new tariff indicates most prices of medicines will drop significantly eg metformin 500g 28s july price=£1.51 october=34p, and loads more!!!!!

Comment

quotes from psnc website
            Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy

Practice Payments are a significant element of the funding recharged to PCTs. All pharmacy contractors are eligible to receive the Practice Payments which include a contribution for the provision of auxiliary aids for people eligible under the Disability Discriminiation Act 1995 (DDA). The payments for the six months from October 2006 to March 2007 are set out in the table below:

PS almost forgot to mention new tariff indicates most prices of medicines will drop significantly eg metformin 500g 28s july price=£1.51 october=34p, and loads more!!!!!
            When you say new tariff do you mean October 2008. The one on the website is still September 2007 and word is that the printed copy will be late this month? Any links to October 2008 tariff on line appreciated.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

the price starts from 1st october 2007 link is http://www.psnc.org.uk/uploaded_txt/...er%202007).pdf

Comment

the price starts from 1st october 2007 link is http://www.psnc.org.uk/uploaded_txt/...er%202007).pdf
                Thanks That's great!
                It wasn't there when I checked this afternoon.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Can't beleive some of the decreases in prices... Looks like we've been shafted again!!

Comment

actually received an email with a comparison spreadsheet from lpc member comparing prices from april 07 to oct 07, shows an average price drop of around 70% overall in prices!!!!! not sure am allowed to mass email or put up on board, but this is prob next best thing!!!!

but you can copy and past the linked pdf this and past category m prices into excel spreadsheet for quick comparison!!!
                    Last edited by anotherpharmer; 27, September 2007, 08:23 PM. Reason: addtional comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tabletcounter View Post
                      Can't beleive some of the decreases in prices... Looks like we've been shafted again!!
                      The packaging must cost more than some of the drugs in them at these prices.
                      How times change.

Comment

Those decreases are incredible - Some of them are below cost and others at cost.
                        PSNC great job again!

Comment

CHOICE: get used to it as we normally do (getting trampled on at the same time), or try to do something about it, ie get as many collegues and friends in the field to write to psnc about these major changes we are gonna face in the next 6 months.

more than likely this willl get worse as it has done in the past few years, feels more like last 10 years at least. At present the dispensing fee/practice fee is still ok, but once ACTs start becoming reality these will drop once again, to what levels who;s to say, with a body like the psnc negotiating on our behalf against the nhs monopoly we might as well not have them!!
                          (Don't you just wish the office of fair trading started to investigate the nhs and their day to day practices, and sort this inequlity out..hint hint)

Comment

Working...
                          X