Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film

This is probably an unusual request, but does anyone out there have an interest in helping us with our film - 'The Pharmacist'?

Firstly we are hoping to find someone who would be willing to read a script and offer some advice. The film's central character is a female Pharmacist who owns and runs an independent, off high street, pharmacy. Although the script has been researched, we came to it with absolutely no knowledge of the subject - so no doubt we've made a few mistakes...

Secondly (and further down the line) we hoping to find a working pharmacy to film in. This is an on-going quest as the script requires something quite particular & we don't have much money for location fees.

Anyone who's interested can email me: [email protected]. Although our website is set up for our commercial work, it gives you some idea of who we are and what we've done:

Texture Films

Thanks very much,
    tom

Re: Film

I'm not a female pharmacist I'm afraid, so that rules me out. Shame really as I've always wanted an oscar

This sounds interesting though. What's your film about?
    _____

Comment

We get unusual requests everyday...

Are you looking for a location in London or would Yorkshire do?

Comment

We had the fire brigade in yesterday am and paramedics in the evening, plus film crews for "The Baby Borrowers" all day!

Can also do a quite convincing falsetto.

Any good?
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

The 'Pharmacist' finds an injured guy stealing medication and instead of calling the police decides to help him. It's a film about the consequences of a bad decision.

-

Thanks for the all the offers. I spend half my time in Yorkshire (north) so would be very happy to be filming there. The film is set in london but outskirts and could be anywhere, it's more important we find the right place...

Comment

Originally posted by Tjd View Post
            Although our website is set up for our commercial work, it gives you some idea of who we are and what we've done:

Texture Films

Thanks very much,
            tom
            How can I get to see all of Dead End?

TIA

Jeff

Comment

This injured guy doesn't happen to use methadone by any chance?
              _____

Comment

Jeff - we'll have the film up on a separate site before too long... I'll post when it's done. Thanks very much.

richtagg - at the moment it's not specified what he's been taking (apart from some painkillers). I'm guessing the good drugs are better secured than the ibuprofen... but these are exactly the kind of details it would be good to talk to someone about.

Thanks everyone,
                tom

Comment

Does this show pharmacists in a bad light? I'm not sure that I'd want to be involved with anything that shows a pharmacist making a wrong call. The general public believe what they see.
                  Pharmacy has a poor public image as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
                    Does this show pharmacists in a bad light? I'm not sure that I'd want to be involved with anything that shows a pharmacist making a wrong call. The general public believe what they see.
                    Pharmacy has a poor public image as it is.
                    The Peak Practice portrayal of a pharmacist did us no end of good.
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

quite the opposite - she's a very conscientious, independent pharmacist, trying to the best for her customers in the face of regulation & pressure. The bad decision she makes is about her as a person as opposed to her job as pharmacist.

The reason I started the thread was to try and interest someone in taking a look at the script to give some advice - we've nothing to hide...

Comment

The reason I started the thread was to try and interest someone in taking a look at the script to give some advice - we've nothing to hide...
                        I'd suggest Linnear - he wants to write ;-)

I'm out - it's a world I took up pharmacy to escape from.

Jeff

Comment

quite the opposite - she's a very conscientious, independent pharmacist, trying to the best for her customers in the face of regulation & pressure.
                          Sounds just like me...........

The bad decision she makes is about her as a person as opposed to her job as pharmacist.
                          Sounds just like me...........
                          I might be able to help - have you any specific questions or points you need clarifying? Why not send me a copy (or part of it) and I'll have a look.

I'm in Yorkshire too!

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

no specific points, just an idea of how true it rings. We're trying to avoid the situation whereby Pharmacists watch the film & groan. In the end her job is an important part of her character, and by getting the first one wrong...

Admin - thanks very much for the offer. If it's OK would be great to send the script. Perhaps you could email or PM me an address.

[email protected]

thanks,
                            tom

Comment

We're trying to avoid the situation whereby Pharmacists watch the film & groan. I
                              EXCELLENT - shame but a bloke...

Comment

Working...
                              X