The role of the pharmacist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The role of the pharmacist?

Does anyone else flounder when questioned on what the value of our screening services are? Obviously we all know that we have all caught hundreds of mistakes that doctors have made prescribing, but would you happily tell the general public the fallibility of doctors? I find myself reluctant to tell people the mistakes doctors make, but then get really, really annoyed when people say - 'Can't a doctor do what you're doing?'
    I also often seem to find myself having to defend the professionalism of pharmacy, ie your job doesn't seem very difficult, why do you need to have a degree, does anybody else find this? Is it just pharmacists that have to put up with crap like this, or is it just me?!

I thought about putting this post under the moaning section, but it seemed to be more of a locum section.

Re: The role of the pharmacist?

What you say has been true all my working life. Pharmacists are considered as just someone who prevents the public getting what they want. How much more convenient to go to the supermarket and not get asked a lot of damn fool questions.

Employers cant wait for remote supervision to get rid of expensive pharmacists and replace with minimum wage counter assistants.

The CCA is just flexing its muscles re premises fee. If they win this one they will take no notice of RPSGB in the future on any matter.
    johnep

Comment

Re: The role of the pharmacist?

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      What you say has been true all my working life. Pharmacists are considered as just someone who prevents the public getting what they want. How much more convenient to go to the supermarket and not get asked a lot of damn fool questions.

Employers cant wait for remote supervision to get rid of expensive pharmacists and replace with minimum wage counter assistants.

The CCA is just flexing its muscles re premises fee. If they win this one they will take no notice of RPSGB in the future on any matter.
      johnep
      All mine as well.
      EPS will mean that the script can eventually go to a robot handling system and be dispatched to patient with a 'packing check', like any other mail order item. All the clinical checks will be done prescriber-side. No need for anyone else. When this happens just be glad you were a pharmacist - at least we will know of our scripts are wrong.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
      X