Pre Reg Exam Sep 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Reg Exam Sep 2007

Hi there, is anyone out there sitting the pre reg exam sep 2007, i need some help but dont know anyone at all sitting this exam apart from me. and no i didnt fail its me 1st attempt!!!

H

Re: Pre Reg Exam Sep 2007

Make sure you know the DT and BNF and also that calculations are OK.

Check on the net, there are a few sites offering help I believe.
    johnep

Comment

do you know what these sites are by any chance, i've got 2weeks left and i really am panicking, dt i know not bad, bnf im working through but symptoms i just dont have enough time to learn!?? and mep dont even go there!! HELP

Comment

Oh dear what is the matter with you. I simply googled 'pharmacy prereg exam'
        and up came hundreds. First was amazon with a specific book well reviewed.
        Order it now and they say will have to you by 1.15pm Saturday.
        johnep

Comment

or even better, turn off your computer and concentrate on the bnf and MEP. Practice the sample papers and calculations. the styles of question are generally repeated year upon year.

Turn off your computer though, it inly serves as a distaraction and is more of a hinderance than a help from what i found.

Comment

No computers in my day. Got through exams by looking at past papers and trying to work what questions might come up. Worked very well except did no chemistry revision on free radicals as was hour long compulsory previous year. Ouch! up it came again as 1 hr compulsory. later found out that as had been so badly answered last year, they decided to ask it again. i managed to blag my way through.

You need to tag the BNF and DT so you can find relevant sections easily. Work with a buddy and ask each other questions. Ideally, your tutor should have set you a mock exam a few weeks ago to highlight areas needing improvement.

Main failure area is calculations.
            johnep

Comment

Hi,
              How do you tag the BNF or DT please, is it only the main sections like cardiac drugs, GI, ... etc or do you tag subsections as well???

Comment

I didn't tag it. I found tags more of a hinderance. I cross refenced loads and highlighted quite a bit. Some people seemed to have so many tags that it defeated the object of making it easier to find bits.

Comment

I tagged major sections of the BNF and Tariff.

What really ****ed me off was that the Tariff used to have an index with about 16 items in it. It was next to useless!

The first edition of the tariff that was published after our exam had the modernised 16 page index we have now!
                  Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                  pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                  eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I did a search on google after reading this post to see what resources where out there for the exam. I found a website with questions on there that you need to subscribe to.

The site wants £19.99 for 250 questions!!! A price I think is a little high as I managed to secure thousands of questions for free for my revision purposes.
                    I e-mailed the company who owns it to ask for a discount and this is what they said:

I'm afraid there is no discount available on the subscription service. Whilst the system is very popular the price reflects the niche market and the high overheads involved in hosting the database.
                    Considering that you can get a decent hosting package for around £5 a month these days I think he's giving me a good dose of BS there.

If anyone would like 250+ exam questions for free then please e-mail me. The money is better in your pocket than theirs!
                    _____

Comment

I signed up to that. I actually thought it was pretty good. I've been using Cheung Chi-Loon (21.99), MEP and Azzopardi (17 quid i think?) so thought was pretty reasonable. I think there was more than 250 questions and there was lots of new stuff for calculations added.

Nice try for discount

If you have a set of questions though i'd love to get a copy. My email is
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hey there, how is everyone?just stumbled across the site.. seems very good! Could i please have a copy of the questions rich?sent to [email protected] i have already pm'd you but not sure if i sent it correctly..! thank you very much

Comment

hi,

im currently doing my pre-reg and i was also looking at the website
                          wanting 20.00 pounds.

pls if you could let me know how you got those free thousands of questions
                          would be great.

thanks mate
                          hope to hear from you soon
                          ash

Comment

my e-mail address is [email protected]
                            for those free set of questions
                            thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by arshad View Post
                              my e-mail address is [email protected]
                              for those free set of questions
                              thanks.
                              This was probably better as a personal message.
                              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X