• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-registration HELP!

Need urgent help, i still have not found a pre-reg place for next year
    I don't know what to do
    Any advice?

Re: Pre-registration HELP!

There are some advertised in the Pharmacy Journal (PJ) My daughter wrote letters with CVs to loads of companies with no joy - apply before December for July 2008 start. It's not easy. She did 4 wks at a hospital, but they didn't offer her a place, and because she'd done that instead of a summer placement elsewhere, eg Boots, Morrisons, she couldn't get one there either! She wrote to every Pharmacy in the local yellow Pages, NPA can help, most uni's have a pre-reg tutor who may be able to help, Hospitals have their own "clearing" type system. From what I can pick up, they expect you to be able to do the job on starting the year rather than after finishing it - especially the small independents - who can pay as much as £4000 less than the big chains! Good Luck. Get your letters ready early!

Comment

Thanks for your help,
      i have a list now i just hope there not all full!
      Do you know what you need to add in your covering letter?
      I just want to make sure i make it really good so im garanteed a place. My uni is rubbish, havent recieved any help at-all.

Comment

Make sure your spelling and grammar OK.
        johnep

Comment

Laura wrote about why she wanted to do Community Pharmacy, why she wanted a pre-reg year with a structured programme, and what parts of her course she had enjoyed that were to do with the community. hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X