Fitness to practice ,the Section 60 order and remote supervison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness to practice ,the Section 60 order and remote supervison

The PDA, pharmacist-solictors and other lawyers have voiced their concerns about how strict the section 60 order is coupled with the fact that "Fitness to practice" procedures are alive and kicking.
    I have also stumbled across quite a few websites dealing with pharmacist/pharmacy dispensing errors urging patients to put in claims for wrong labels,wrong patient identity,wrong dose or meds ....some even offer no win no fee representations...
    as a pharmacist I find these situations extremely worrying and wonder how this is likely to affect the future of pharmacy e.g remote supervison as the pharmacist will still be repsonsible (even for OTC advice) how can the profession progress with fitness to practice etc hanging over its head....it'll be difficult to delegate or trust staff you don't really know, if you work as a locum, even those you know can make a mistake...what then....Its just too scary , and now that I might have to pay close to £600 a year for both indemnity insurance and the pleasure of MRPharmS..I am beginning to wonder whether its worth it...comments please
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Re: Fitness to practice ,the Section 60 order and remote supervison

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
    The PDA, pharmacist-solictors and other lawyers have voiced their concerns about how strict the section 60 order is coupled with the fact that "Fitness to practice" procedures are alive and kicking.
    I have also stumbled across quite a few websites dealing with pharmacist/pharmacy dispensing errors urging patients to put in claims for wrong labels,wrong patient identity,wrong dose or meds ....some even offer no win no fee representations...
    There's an awful scenario for a pharmacist, that I don't want to write about here in case it puts ideas into people's heads to try it, but the result is a "dispensing error" that you have no defence against, apart from using the same scenario as an antagonistic defence.

We take on unlimited liability for a dispensing fee of less than a quid.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Apparently one of the reasons that lloyds use a high tack label is to stop 'swapping' by the pts.
      johnep

Comment

Not just by the patients, but also by some staff with evil intentions... (or so I've been told...).
        Why is it that these labels stick on everything EXCEPT on Rx bags that you're trying to seal with them?!?
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
          Not just by the patients, but also by some staff with evil intentions... (or so I've been told...).
          Why is it that these labels stick on everything EXCEPT on Rx bags that you're trying to seal with them?!?
          There's a case for tamper-evident labels that break down if someone tries to peel them off?
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zoggite;7200]Not just by the patients, but also by some staff with evil intentions...

Evil intentions against who pharmacist or company...scary business

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
              as a pharmacist I find these situations extremely worrying and wonder how this is likely to affect the future of pharmacy e.g remote supervison as the pharmacist will still be repsonsible (even for OTC advice) how can the profession progress with fitness to practice etc hanging over its head....it'll be difficult to delegate or trust staff you don't really know, if you work as a locum, even those you know can make a mistake...what then....Its just too scary , and now that I might have to pay close to £600 a year for both indemnity insurance and the pleasure of MRPharmS..I am beginning to wonder whether its worth it...comments please
              I would be interested to see some of these websites, could you give me a link to them?

Comment

On utube is an american news item re dispensing error by Walgreens.
                johnep

Comment

Harding Evans Solicitors - Your first choice for local legal expertise - Newport, South Wales - News - full story
                  Here is a link from google. looks as though Zoggite could be at risk as solicitors are welsh!.
                  johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                    Harding Evans Solicitors - Your first choice for local legal expertise - Newport, South Wales - News - full story
                    Here is a link from google. looks as though Zoggite could be at risk as solicitors are welsh!.
                    johnep
                    Scary stuff! Makes you want to set up a firm suing lawyers for any mistakes they make in their daily practice

Comment

Russell Jones
                      Ashton Morton Slack
                      Bond Pearce etc

Not to mention the firm that secured a £1.5m payout from the Lloyds Pharmacy dexamethasone saga!

Comment

Three words: PDA
                        - Have you joined yet?

Comment

Except that in the end lloyds did not have to pay as a judge decided pt had secured enough damages already from the Dr.
                          johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.P.Harms View Post
                            Scary stuff! Makes you want to set up a firm suing lawyers for any mistakes they make in their daily practice
                            ...this makes a case for packing in pharmacy and training to be a solicitor.
                            How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                              ...this makes a case for packing in pharmacy and training to be a solicitor.
                              Yes I'm sure you could make quite a living defending us poor pharmacists!!

Comment

Working...
                              X