unemployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment

what are the chances of becoming unemployed after university. For example unemployment in economics is quite high. what about pharmacy.

Re: unemployment

Originally posted by riks View Post
    what are the chances of becoming unemployed after university. For example unemployment in economics is quite high. what about pharmacy.
    If you pass the degree, do your pre-reg year and pass the exams at the end of it - then virtually nil. Good pharmacists can always find work.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      If you pass the degree, do your pre-reg year and pass the exams at the end of it - then virtually nil. Good pharmacists can always find work.
      Even bad ones can.

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu View Post
        Even bad ones can.
        Note heard of anyone being unemployed in the UK.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Used to say that even a 'corpse with a certificate' could get a job.
          Used to see adverts in the PJ saying 'supervision only'. This meant that pharmacist was only there because the law demanded. Rescind the law, then no need for pharmacists in multiples view.
          johnep

Comment

[QUOTE=johnep;7158]
            Used to see adverts in the PJ saying 'supervision only'. This meant that pharmacist was only there because the law demanded. Rescind the law, then no need for pharmacists in multiples view.

well then...the future is certainly not bright for pharmacists..as the law is about to change and multiples would have a field day! I think the pharmsoc has a lot to answer for. Community pharmacy needs to be more clinically focused (just like hospital) - patients will certainly benefit from such
            Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

[QUOTE=kemzero;7160]
              Originally posted by johnep View Post

well then...the future is certainly not bright for pharmacists..as the law is about to change and multiples would have a field day! I think the pharmsoc has a lot to answer for. Community pharmacy needs to be more clinically focused (just like hospital) - patients will certainly benefit from such
              Q. Once EPS is up and running and doing the script is just a matter of following written instructions word for word then why do you need a pharmacist?

A. Because EPS is just a means of delivering prescriptions. The prescription message can be perfect, but the prescribing intention could have errors in it (selected wrong product while prescribing or repeating script) or perpetuated errors (the same script that you have to return each month for the same correction because no-one at the surgery gets round to correcting it 'on computer')
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

EPS is no different to the situation as now - GPs (and receptionists) still write rubbish (and stuff thats plainly wrong or dangerous) on prescriptions.
                We now do around 250 EPS and 250 the old way per day. EPS does not do anything for script accuracy.

I do not know of any out of work pharmacists - I also know of plenty of [email protected] ones who are working and would be the first to go unemployed - They get bookings only because they are better than nothing.

Comment

As pharmacists, our role is not just to dish out tablets ...any idiot can do that! but its to ensure that the medication is the right thing and appropriate for the patient (dose, formulation etc)
                  Serious potential interactions should be stopped
                  For instance some dentists still prescribe erythromycin for patients on Mizollen....etc

I don't see my self as just being a pill popper....I believe and know I am more than that

Comment

As pharmacists, our role is not just to dish out tablets ...any idiot can do that! but its to ensure that the medication is the right thing and appropriate for the patient (dose, formulation etc)
                    Serious potential interactions should be stopped
                    For instance some dentists still prescribe erythromycin for patients on Mizollen....etc

I don't see myself as just being a pill popper....I believe and know I am more than that

Comment

Hi

I hardly dare write this, but I actually quite enjoyed being at work today. I was asked for help by about 25 people and they really seemed to be grateful for it. I sorted out a couple of things - won't go into details but it meant a lot to the people I helped.

Oh my God, I'm turning into someone from Belgium.............
                      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        Oh my God, I'm turning into someone from Belgium.............
                        Don't worry- you can get counselling nowadays for that!
                        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Sorry, just looked for a posting by Zoggite as I know she works for Lloyds.

Branch at today under criticism for being 400 items down on similar period last year (Despite being swamped by scripts and still working on Friday's PCS).

I noticed that trays all had 28 day scripts and apparently Drs have stopped majority of 7 day, but still expect us to do trays as normal.

1) This leads to 75% reduction in scripts for this area.
                          2) the reduction in script nbrs leads to pressure to reduce staff despite work preparing trays remaining same.

Is anyone else experiencing this trend to 28 days and more for tray pts?

johnep.

Comment

Is it actually legal to do installment dispensing (ie weekly MDS) on a 28 day script?
                            Are these delivered in 4s or one per week.
                            If they are delivered and dispensed one per week then is it installment dispensing and it has to be weekly scripts!

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                              Is anyone else experiencing this trend to 28 days and more for tray pts?

johnep.
                              I haven't seen much of that, but I worked at a pharmacy on Monday that gets 7 day scripts but the Dr's will only sign them one at a time. That means instead of being able to do four sets of trays, each one has to be done every Monday morning, so it means four times the work basically.

I thought this was being done out of spite, because if the dispenser is off on holiday for two weeks they will supply two!

It also means the driver cannot deliver the trays on Fridays for the following Monday (as the pharmacy doesn't have the scripts yet), and as he was off on holiday this week a lot of people didn't even get them. So it was poor service and poor patient care, all because the surgery would not supply more then one seven day script at a time.

Never heard of anything so spiteful and stoopid in my whole working life!
                              Last edited by admin; 30, August 2007, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X