cash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cash

what would you say the average pay was in community pharmacy after 5 years of experience. whats the lowest your ever going to be paid after experience. I dont understand whats so hard about the job. Can anyone whos a pharmacist explain to me what a average day is like. what is hardest thing about the job.

Re: cash

Originally posted by riks View Post
    I dont understand whats so hard about the job.
    COME AND DO IT FOR A WEEK IN MID-SUMMER AND YOU'LL SEE!!!!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Dead right Zo. Riks go to a local (busy!) pharmacy, and offer to work free for a week. You should get an idea of what it's like. Or, if you know any locums, ask if you could go round with them for a week and see what different pharmacies operate like.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

what would you say the average pay was in community pharmacy after 5 years of experience.
        Experience has little to do with it.

I dont understand whats so hard about the job.
        see this thread
        http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/ask-...-reg-year.html

Can anyone whos a pharmacist explain to me what a average day is like.
        see above

what is hardest thing about the job.
        Most of the patient you see on a regular basis suffer from chronic conditions - watching them die isn't too much fun - watching them watch their loved ones die is worse.

Jeff

Comment

After 5 years if you are good then £40k minimum for a 40 hour (ish) week. If you are rubbish then expect to get paid less.

Comment

what is hardest thing about the job.
            Because you are an easily accessible health professional, a million times easier access than a GP or practice nurse, you will get bugged with hundreds of problems. This make's it is difficult to concentrate on one thing, as so many demanding people come in at once. A lot of problems you get asked about, you know what to do, but have no legal right to sort out yourself, so have to contact the Doctor which is time consuming and boring. I could give hundreds of examples...

This is what is worst about the job. There are positives too...

Comment

Funnily enough, solving problems for customers and getting some appreciation is one of most satisfying parts of job for me. As I am working whole of bank Holiday weekend, expect to see a few.
              johnep

Comment

But it would be so much less stressful if we were legally empowered to solve problems without some of the red tape and risk of punishment, and also these things were recognised in our remuneration framework. Some of the best things a pharmacist may do on a patient's behalf are also things that may break the letter (but not the spirit) of the law. Its not nice knowing you could be pulled up before the stat for helping someone when their doc messed up. E.g. if you were presented on a Saturday with an Rx for fluoxetine 20mg caps 1qds (28), for a person with a painful swollen boil on their foot, but no history of depression, and expecting an antibiotic, any pharmacist knows what to do to solve the problem, but you may break the law if you did it the simple way. The complex way would be to send them to a walk in centre (not very nice).

Or if a dental Rx comes in for Co-Amoxiclav (not allowed on NHS dental scripts), you and the patient would have to jump through hoops, and likely the patient would blame you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raju

Or if a dental Rx comes in for Co-Amoxiclav (not allowed on NHS dental scripts), you and the patient would have to jump through hoops, and likely the patient would blame you.[/QUOTE]

Yes - had an NHS Dental script for Erythromycin Capsules one saturday.
                  Made me look like Mr Jobsworth.
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raju;7159]But it would be so much less stressful if we were legally empowered to solve problems without some of the red tape and risk of punishment, and also these things were recognised in our remuneration framework. Some of the best things a pharmacist may do on a patient's behalf are also things that may break the letter (but not the spirit) of the law. Its not nice knowing you could be pulled up before the stat for helping someone when their doc messed up. E.g. if you were presented on a Saturday with an Rx for fluoxetine 20mg caps 1qds (28), for a person with a painful swollen boil on their foot, but no history of depression, and expecting an antibiotic, any pharmacist knows what to do to solve the problem, but you may break the law if you did it the simple way. The complex way would be to send them to a walk in centre (not very nice).

Valid point Raju, now hopefully the imminent Pharmacy Council/New college/English board should be able to address such issues
                    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Working...
                    X