Clearing- Pharmacy- HELP!!pLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing- Pharmacy- HELP!!pLEASE

Unfortunately, I did not meet my grade requirements to go to uni of my choice for Pharm. I did get offered a place to do pharm at university of Hertfodshire. Only problem is, the course is new there and it has not been accredited by the pharmaceutical society, and won't be until the first set of students graduate. Is there a chance that they may not get accreddited at all but Britains society? Also how difficult would it be for me to get a job if I do go to the university of Hertfordshire?

Please help, I really do not know what to do.

Re: Clearing- Pharmacy- HELP!!pLEASE

Originally posted by miss.mystery View Post
    Unfortunately, I did not meet my grade requirements to go to uni of my choice for Pharm. I did get offered a place to do pharm at university of Hertfodshire. Only problem is, the course is new there and it has not been accredited by the pharmaceutical society, and won't be until the first set of students graduate. Is there a chance that they may not get accreddited at all but Britains society? Also how difficult would it be for me to get a job if I do go to the university of Hertfordshire?

Please help, I really do not know what to do.
    A good question to ask the University and the RPSGB I reckon.
    Give the RPSGB a call.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

There is a very good chance that it will get accredited. The university stands to lose a lot if its not.

Other new courses have got accredited eventually- I think there was one within the last 2 years that wasn't at first but I can't remember who that was.

If its Hertfordshire or nothing its probably worth the risk.

Comment

Hi Miss.Mystery - welcome to the site!

I tend to agree with Web ferret and think it will get accredited. After you have the degree, it doesn't really matter much where you went, if you want to work in retail or hospital.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Given the standard of the people who are teaching there ..... seems to be about a third of the staff of the Square .... I wouldn't think there'll be a long term problem.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. I was worried because i thought employers tend to look at which university the degree is from. I;m guessing by admins post that it will be very difficult to go in to the pharmaceutical company's?

Comment

As for getting into industry If you did a PhD it would give you a better chance. I think it depends upon the individual,so if you want to go into industry go for it.
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Employers don't really bother where your degree is from in my experience as long as it is real and not one of those off the internet...

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
                  Employers don't really bother where your degree is from in my experience as long as it is real and not one of those off the internet...
                  What's the graduation ceremony like...
                  You patiently wait for the certificate to print out?
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Thank you guys for all your help. You have cleared up alot of questions that have been bothering me!

Comment

Originally posted by miss.mystery View Post
                      Thank you guys for all your help. You have cleared up alot of questions that have been bothering me!
                      No problem, it's what this forum is for. Just tell all your mates when you start the course that you know about a great pharmacy forum on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        No problem, it's what this forum is for. Just tell all your mates when you start the course that you know about a great pharmacy forum on the net.

Love the marketing plug!
                        _____

Comment

Originally posted by richtagg View Post
                          Love the marketing plug!
                          Well you have to try don't you! I can't get an article (along with two other people) in the PJ about this and four other sites, but they had room this week to write about Google Earth!

Comment

Lol I already started publicising the website to pharmacists on my work experiences! Great site...thanks for your help guys..

Comment

Working...
                            X