Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming People

To Everyone

I have deleted a thread which used the names of people, and quoted actual letters sent to members.

This is against the terms and conditions of the forum, so please keep any discussions you might like to have on this private, using the private messaging system on the forum.

Please do not use actual people's names.

Discussion of the increase in fee proposal is obviously an emotive subject, and people will want to talk about it. We cannot however go down the slippery slope of naming or shaming people. It is unprofessional and unacceptable.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Naming People

Does that preclude the poster removing his name and that of the person who sent it to him and he stating - sent from editor of PJ.

No names are then disclosed.

How would you handle this?

It seems to me that the editor was wrong to send this email - discussing third parties to third parties. Then, she is not a pharmacist.

The data-protection act and libel come to mind.

Comment

Re: Naming People

I would have said that calling the person "Editor of the PJ" is hardly anonymising it.

Sorry, under rules that have now been placed on the forum your post would be pulled.

Am I right Admin?
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
      pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
      eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
        I would have said that calling the person "Editor of the PJ" is hardly anonymising it.

Sorry, under rules that have now been placed on the forum your post would be pulled.

Am I right Admin?
        Yes correct. You can use phrases like "the editor of a well known pharmaceutical publication", or something like that, but you cannot put any post up where someone might read it and recognise themselves - wether it be a patient, another pharmacist or a member of the council, PJ staff etc etc

All this will achieve is trouble for yourself and the forum, so I or one of the moderators will remove such posts.
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Yes correct. You can use phrases like "the editor of a well known pharmaceutical publication", or something like that, but you cannot put any post up where someone might read it and recognise themselves - wether it be a patient, another pharmacist or a member of the council, PJ staff etc etc

All this will achieve is trouble for yourself and the forum, so I or one of the moderators will remove such posts.
          So phrases like "the well known pharmacist with only one bloody kidney" are not allowed then ;-)

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            So phrases like "the well known pharmacist with only one bloody kidney" are not allowed then ;-)

Jeff
            Perhaps I shouldn't have started the 'Lisa' thread either.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Naming People

"editor of a well known pharmaceutical publication"

How many are there? It is obvious who that would be.

Are you saying we are not allowed to quote what was published in the comic?

What I stated is not libel, it's her own words.

How can we discuss what is written then?

Comment

Are we allowed to discuss pronouncements of the Council? Or is that another infringements of the rules because we all know who the council memebers are?

Comment

Are you two joined at the hip or the same person? It's very interesting how as soon as I put a post up you both log on within 2 minutes of each other.

Why is it neither of you want to put this stuff in the private pharmacist section where the public can't read it?

We haven't had any problems discussing most topics on here before, because people stick to the terms and conditions of the forum.
                  Last edited by admin; 18, August 2007, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Naming People

Admin

We are not the same people.

You can check if we are the same people by checking our IP addresses.
                    This forum package logs IP addresses.
                    You can do a trace to see where the IP address is located. There is lots of free software on the web to locate it.

Unless by co-incidence he lives in the same house as me (which is unlikely)
                    you can rest assured we are not the same.

Are you saying if some views are similar, we should not post them?
                    I certainly don't tell Trebor mint what to post.

There are others who agree.

Somehow I sense censorship.
                    Is free speech banned?

Comment

Is free speech banned - of course not. It was just an observation. Both log on together, both view the same threads at the same time, both have the same service provider. When one is viewing a thread the other is posting, when the other is posting the first one is viewing. Just seems interesting thats all.

Comment

What are the rules? Is this a public forum or a forum for pharmacists?

Comment

Admin, I thought the rules are never to reveal personal details... why are you giving our details out?

Comment

Originally posted by Trebor88 View Post
                            Are we allowed to discuss pronouncements of the Council?
                            Are they worth discussing?

Or is that another infringements of the rules because we all know who the council members are?
                            Do we.

How many people even know how many members of council there are and how many could they name without looking it up?

Jeff

Comment

Naming People

There are many ways to communicate

Comment

Working...
                              X