vicarious liability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vicarious liability

If a MCA/dispenser/tech sells a cough mixture containing sucrose or fructose to a diabetic without the p'cists knowledge b/c the bottle didn't state that it contains sugars.....patient gets a hyper and is irate.....whose fault is it? I guess I know the answer, but is it fair....shouldn't every member of staff have indemnity insurance??

something similar happened to a diabetic who was offered Benylin for chesty cough by a member of the pharmacy team..not the p'cist
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Re: vicarious liability

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
    If a MCA/dispenser/tech sells a cough mixture containing sucrose or fructose to a diabetic without the p'cists knowledge b/c the bottle didn't state that it contains sugars.....patient gets a hyper and is irate.....whose fault is it? I guess I know the answer, but is it fair....shouldn't every member of staff have indemnity insurance??

something similar happened to a diabetic who was offered Benylin for chesty cough by a member of the pharmacy team..not the p'cist
    I wonder if the patient should come into the pharmacy and say something like "Have you got a cough medicine? I'm a diabetic". It would make a change from the usual game of 20 questions.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Re: vicarious liability

Originally posted by kemzero View Post

I'm fairly certain that advice from the British Diabetic association was that the amount of sugar in cough medicines was negligible, and that the underlying cold was more likely to cause complications with diabetic control so that extra testing was advised. - Buggered if I can find the reference now.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X