Anyone working in London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone working in London?

I'm hoping to work in London for at least a few years after I graduate. Does anyone know of any pros or cons of working there as a pharmacist? Or would it be pretty much the same as anywhere else in the UK?

Re: Anyone working in London?

There is a surplus of pharmacists in North London, so few locum opportunities.
    johnep

Comment

Come and work for the company I do. We have some branches in south london - erith, blackheath, avery hill etc, and plenty in kent and sussex. Plus we can give you accommodation and a company car.

Comment

sounds like Paydens.
        johnep

Comment

North and West London must have the highest density of pharmacists esp NW postcode which takes in Harrow, Wembley etc, etc, try your luck, if you are good then you will be very busy, if you are not then it may be tough, as someone said there is a surplus of pharmacists in these 2 areas...

Unfortunatly, there are good and bad in every profession..

Be flexible, be smart and be good!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            sounds like Paydens.
            johnep
            Spot on. Have you worked for Dennis?

Comment

Noticed over the years that Paydens seem to operate thoughout Kent and Sussex so fairly obvious who it might be. When I considered retiring to Broadstairs, Paydens would have been my first port of call for locum work.
              johnep

Comment

I thought London would have lots of opportunities for pharmacists. Thank you for the heads up. Ideally I'd love to work centrally although I heard you'd mostly be doing private scripts centrally and not that many monthly items at all.

Would you have to do lots of evening and weekend shifts in London?

Comment

Working...
                X