Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacology

Hi,

I know it's a pharmacy forum, but you will probably be able to answer my questions so I'm just going to ask them here:

At the moment I have a place for pharmacy and a place for pharmacology in university. But choosing pharmacy would mean me moving to somewhere else but I'm not ready to do that at the moment, so I'll probably do pharmacology.

- Is a pharmacologist able to have his/her own pharmacy?
    - Do you have any idea how much do they get paid per hour?
    - Which one do you think would be better for me to do: pharmacy or pharmacology?

Thank you in advance

Re: Pharmacology

Originally posted by University View Post
    Hi,

I know it's a pharmacy forum, but you will probably be able to answer my questions so I'm just going to ask them here:

At the moment I have a place for pharmacy and a place for pharmacology in university. But choosing pharmacy would mean me moving to somewhere else but I'm not ready to do that at the moment, so I'll probably do pharmacology.

- Is a pharmacologist able to have his/her own pharmacy?
    - Do you have any idea how much do they get paid per hour?
    - Which one do you think would be better for me to do: pharmacy or pharmacology?

Thank you in advance
    You can't register as a pharmacist without a pharmacy degree (MPharm)(or EU equivalent, thanks Zoggite!)
    Try The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain to find out about what you need to be a pharmacist.
    If you like the idea of pharmacology - try websites for those universities - sometimes they have examples of career paths.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I have met a few pharmacologists working as assistants in chemists.
      1) Drug testing etc moving abroad because of 'animal rights'.
      2) In any lab the boss will usually be a medic with an extra pharmacology diploma.
      3) Labs are few and far apart. Look on JPP to see how few jobs advertised.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        I have met a few pharmacologists working as assistants in chemists.
        1) Drug testing etc moving abroad because of 'animal rights'.
        2) In any lab the boss will usually be a medic with an extra pharmacology diploma.
        3) Labs are few and far apart. Look on JPP to see how few jobs advertised.
        johnep
        I'm sad that one of the unintended consequences of the animal rights movement is to drive the labs abroad where research may be less regulated or 'side-payments' required for it not to be. The dilemma may well be to allow it to continue in the UK but with these groups involved in 'ethics monitoring'.

On the subject of pharmacy, one of the main features of the job is that your work is where you live. On other threads I have said the main advantage is that you can get a well-paid job on your doorstep, you don't need to add a commute on to the already long hours.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
        X