The recent floods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The recent floods

Our Society has issued all Branch Secs with a reminder that pharmacists and their widows/widowers who suffered in the recent floods may be eligible for help from the Benevolent Fund.
    Homes and businesses are probably insured (although I would suspect that there could be problems with some of the former). However, there may well be elderly or otherwise vulnerable colleagues (and their spouses) who may not be properly provided for and who may be glad of some extra help.

The Benevolent Fund may be contacted on 01323890135 or [email protected].

So if anyone is affected, or know anyone who is, contact them. Everything is dealt with in strict confidence.
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Some time ago, while working in a hospital I met a widow of a pharmacist. Her friend told me she was having all sorts of problems, so I contacted the Fund and I am assured they were able to help her considerably.

Re: The recent floods

how much can you earn if you own your own pharmacy

Comment

Originally posted by riks View Post
      how much can you earn if you own your own pharmacy
      Depends on how busy the place is - there is a massive scope for variation. The few pharmacists I know who own their own practice are earning from 70k - 200k a year. There is the possibility of more, but there is also the possibility of a failed business, bankruptcy and humiliation if things don't work out - even more so now because the goodwill and property costs of buying a pharmacy have risen tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Raju View Post
        Depends on how busy the place is - there is a massive scope for variation. The few pharmacists I know who own their own practice are earning from 70k - 200k a year. There is the possibility of more, but there is also the possibility of a failed business, bankruptcy and humiliation if things don't work out - even more so now because the goodwill and property costs of buying a pharmacy have risen tremendously.
        The big risk used to be leapfrogging (any 1980s pharmacists will remember this). This always put me off. EPSR2 might result in 'electronic leapfrogging' if the script nominations land-grab happens. The main worry at the moment is another pharmacist coming a long and opening a 100 hour pharmacy. This is happening to a friend and colleague at the moment.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
          The big risk used to be leapfrogging (any 1980s pharmacists will remember this). This always put me off. EPSR2 might result in 'electronic leapfrogging' if the script nominations land-grab happens. The main worry at the moment is another pharmacist coming a long and opening a 100 hour pharmacy. This is happening to a friend and colleague at the moment.

What is leapfrogging?

Comment

leapfrogging is where someone opens a pharmacy between you and your main surgery.

NSPC negotiated controlled entry and in return gave up on cost profit.

Naturally the govnmt reneged on their part of the bargain by allowing 100 hour pharmacies. Usual story in pharms dealing with govnmt. Pharm gives, gvnmt takes away.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
              leapfrogging is where someone opens a pharmacy between you and your main surgery.

NSPC negotiated controlled entry and in return gave up on cost profit.

Naturally the govnmt reneged on their part of the bargain by allowing 100 hour pharmacies. Usual story in pharms dealing with govnmt. Pharm gives, gvnmt takes away.
              johnep
              On-cost was a percentage of the purchase price and was documented in the Tariff of the day. GP10A in Scotland still get paid on-cost or they did last time I needed the Scottish Tariff.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
              X