what job would you prefer to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what job would you prefer to do?

There are many pharmacists on this forum who are not wholly satisfied with their jobs. So my question is what jobs do you think would satisfy you? sometimes the grass does look greener on the other side.

I personally think religious clerics have great job satisfaction. Their followers tend to respect them a lot and have the opportunity to change lives for the better (or sometimes worse)

Re: what job would you prefer to do?

That's a very interesting comment; Religion and Pharmacy do have in common that they bring Opium to the masses (well, it's more in the form of kaolin & Morph in my case...!), if Karl Marx is to be believed!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

I had been qualified about a week when someone asked if we sold Opium.

I nearly dropped the phone and it was a good few mintues before i realised she meant the perfume!
      Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
      pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
      eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by theunknown View Post
        There are many pharmacists on this forum who are not wholly satisfied with their jobs. So my question is what jobs do you think would satisfy you? sometimes the grass does look greener on the other side.
        I always wanted to be a hobo.

Jeff

Comment

Altogether now:

#THERE'S A VOICE,
          THAT KEEPS ON CALLING ME.
          DOWN THE ROAD,
          IS WHERE I'LL ALWAYS BE.
          EVERY STOP I MAKE,
          I'LL MAKE A NEW FRIEND.
          CAN'T STAY FOR LONG, JUST TURN AROUND AND I'M GONE AGAIN.

MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANNA SETTLE DOWN,
          UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON#
          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
          pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
          eloquent-e-tales

Comment

I wished I was a photographer, or a golfer, or a guitarist, or..............

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
            Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              I wished I was a photographer, or a golfer, or a guitarist, or..............

All together....

I could be the driver an articulated lorry
              I could be a poet I wouldn't need to worry
              I could be a teacher in a classroom full of scholars
              I could be the sergeant in a squadron full of wallahs

What a waste.

Courtesy of Ian Drury and the Blockheads.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Much as I like my present job (here we go again...!), I'd really like to be a vet...
                Does anyone know of a "fast-track" vet degree for the likes of us pharmacists?
                Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                  Much as I like my present job (here we go again...!), I'd really like to be a vet...
                  Does anyone know of a "fast-track" vet degree for the likes of us pharmacists?
                  Yeah a vet - that would be good. Or a dentist - you actually get to hurt them!

In the meantime I'll just cash my cheques, place my bets, and hope I'll always win!
                  Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                  Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

I'd like to have a go at developing property. Not to make big bucks or anything, but there is something very satisfying and rewarding about seeing something take shape and then seeing the final product, and being part of that whole process. I still like to think I could give it a shot some day.

And I wouldn't mind owning an independent coffee place either. Somewhere lush and cosy. It would make a nice change to see people coming into the place you work and actually enjoying themselves whether it be reading a book, resting their feet or catching up with friends. And I can sample all the coffee and cakes before I sell them

Comment

Originally posted by snowy View Post
                      I'd like to have a go at developing property. Not to make big bucks or anything, but there is something very satisfying and rewarding about seeing something take shape and then seeing the final product, and being part of that whole process. I still like to think I could give it a shot some day.

And I wouldn't mind owning an independent coffee place either. Somewhere lush and cosy. It would make a nice change to see people coming into the place you work and actually enjoying themselves whether it be reading a book, resting their feet or catching up with friends. And I can sample all the coffee and cakes before I sell them
                      Sounds wonderful! If I got a shop I'd love a sports one. There's something about the gear all around I like!

Comment

I wanted to be a bin man when I was 4.

Comment

ask a four year old now and they'll want to be a pop star or somthing of the like to be on TV or maney for their toys!

maybe a painter or a goldsmith... whichever i could get an apprentiship for! the better one is at either the more one can take someone's breathaway without saying a word & hopefully make good money

Comment

I know someone who is a make-up artist and is now training in special effects make-up artistry and another person who is a florist. Their work is absolutely amazing and they get so much gratification out of it, but then their downsides are lack of job stability, competition, criticism and not the best pay.

It just makes me think about the kind of decisions we make. I picked pharmacy for the stability, flexibility and money, but sometimes I really wish I had chosen to do something creative for a living.

Comment

Winifred Attwell was a pianist in the 60s who was also a pharmacist. A friend of mine wanted to be an artist, but her father made her do pharmacy.

She was able to go to art school using locums to fund it.
                              johnep

Comment

Working...
                              X