Poaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poaching Staff

Had a visit yesterday from a gentleman I thought was a rep at first. He wanted to talk to the dispensers.

I asked why and he revealed he was a BTC Group Stores Manager and that he had a very attractive offer for them.

As I am still an employee of BTC, I kept him talking to check that he was who he said he was and then saw him on his way.

I myself, have had several calls from agents trying to recruit for 100 hour stores etc.

When I asked what he was doing in actually visiting rival stores, his answer was "well you have to try, don't you".

If techs are now as scarce as pharmacists, the any ideas of replacing us with them seem doomed to failure.

On talking it over with one of the girls she said she had enquired and BTC paid much the same as where we we were. She would not move.

johnep

Re: Poaching Staff

I received a "cold" telephone call the other day from BTC offering me the fantastic salary of £45k!
    Told them that £45k was far from fantastic

Comment

I would have thought that this was unethical conduct, and that a complaint should be laid against the superintendent pharmacist.

Might have to think a bit about how it was framed, and look carefully at MEP rules, though.

Comment

Originally posted by the old merlin View Post
        I would have thought that this was unethical conduct, and that a complaint should be laid against the superintendent pharmacist.

Might have to think a bit about how it was framed, and look carefully at MEP rules, though.
        I've been approached over the years by virtually every big chain I can think of in this way. I don't think it's unethical conduct, it's called head hunting!
        Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
        Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          I've been approached over the years by virtually every big chain I can think of in this way.
          Me too
          I don't think it's unethical conduct
          I used to think it was and just made a note not to locum for those chains.
          By and large and managed to stick to it.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Me too

I used to think it was and just made a note not to locum for those chains.
            By and large and managed to stick to it.

Jeff
            In my community days I'd have been b****y cross if I discovered direct approaches were being made to my staff on a simple job for job basis.

Having said that, I know it happens in the City.

But of course, the City is populated, by and large, by people who wouldn't know an ethical priniciple if it bit them on the bum.

Comment

Working...
            X