Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check pharmacy out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Check pharmacy out

    Hi there has anybody had any dealings with an online pharmacy called xxxxxxx? ... I have just placed an order with them but before i pay for my goods i wondered if anyone else has bought from them at all or knows anything about there repuation?
    Last edited by admin; 5, June 2007, 10:56 AM. Reason: Advertises a drug selling site

  • #2
    Re: Check pharmacy out

    Originally posted by shazzygalyorks View Post
    Hi there has anybody had any dealings with an online pharmacy called xxxxxxx? ... I have just placed an order with them but before i pay for my goods i wondered if anyone else has bought from them at all or knows anything about there repuation?
    Nobody on this site buys drugs from the internet, and I would advise you don't either. Please don't mention any sites of this nature specifically, as I just get complaints from people saying you are advertising, which is against the sites terms and conditions. I have had to change the sites name to xxxxxx to stop this.

    Thanks
    Last edited by admin; 7, June 2007, 03:43 PM.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Check pharmacy out

      Originally posted by shazzygalyorks View Post
      Hi there has anybody had any dealings with an online pharmacy called xxxxxxx? ... I have just placed an order with them but before i pay for my goods i wondered if anyone else has bought from them at all or knows anything about there repuation?

      Use your local independant - you'll get far better service and advice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Check pharmacy out

        Originally posted by Tabletcounter View Post
        Use your local independant - you'll get far better service and advice.

        Not when I'm on duty!

        "Ask your pharmacist - He's hacked off in the back!"
        Linnear MRPharmS

        Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

        In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.



        For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

        If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Check pharmacy out

          Originally posted by Linnear View Post
          Not when I'm on duty!

          "Ask your pharmacist - He's hacked off in the back!"
          Why bother with the internet, you can often see salbutamol inhalers, HRT and NRT on offer at car boot sales.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

          If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Check pharmacy out

            I hate to go to pharmacies as they often ask questions that don't concern them... and living in a small village, even buying condoms is impossible.. they just ask questions and go report to everyone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Check pharmacy out

              Originally posted by farmer View Post
              I hate to go to pharmacies as they often ask questions that don't concern them... and living in a small village, even buying condoms is impossible.. they just ask questions and go report to everyone.
              Can i ask are you a pharmacist? What questions are you asked that you think are inappropriate? Often probing questions are asked for a reason, although the customer seldom knows the relevance if its not explained to them - such questioning can prevent inappropriate sales.

              And if, as you say, the staff in your pharmacy (lets assume they are healthcare trained!) are repeating to anyone else a conversation which you have had with them, thats a serious breach of confidentiality - they obviously need some training in patient confidentiality and ethics, and i'd bring that to the attention of the pharmacist!

              Best to keep buying the condoms though as i'd imagine the staff you described would delight in seeing you return the next day to buy EHC!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Check pharmacy out

                Originally posted by Tabletcounter View Post
                Use your local independant - you'll get far better service and advice.
                Yup I agree.

                The ease of purchase of almost any drug on the internet is staggering. People really don't realise how much they're putting their health at risk buying drugs like sweets.

                I've never seen Ventolin etc on sale at car boot sales. Once I got offered some morphine while I was waiting for an ambulance with a guy who was out of it on meth and benzos and was bleeding profusely from his head. [I hadn't revealed my professional identity as a pharmacist, he thought i was a 'normal person'].

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Check pharmacy out

                  Originally posted by pharmacopola View Post
                  Can i ask are you a pharmacist? What questions are you asked that you think are inappropriate? Often probing questions are asked for a reason, although the customer seldom knows the relevance if its not explained to them - such questioning can prevent inappropriate sales.

                  And if, as you say, the staff in your pharmacy (lets assume they are healthcare trained!) are repeating to anyone else a conversation which you have had with them, thats a serious breach of confidentiality - they obviously need some training in patient confidentiality and ethics, and i'd bring that to the attention of the pharmacist!

                  Best to keep buying the condoms though as i'd imagine the staff you described would delight in seeing you return the next day to buy EHC!
                  The staff obviously need to be advised of the latest developments in confidentiality. Sometimes we do need to discuss things, but it becomes "a case of" xyz in a male/female adult/adolescent/child etc.
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

                  If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X