Technicians in the Royal collef of Pharmacists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technicians in the Royal collef of Pharmacists

What are your views on the inclusion of technicians onto the Royal College of Phamacists?

Re: Technicians in the Royal collef of Pharmacists

I think that there is a very good chance that this argument is going to get so polarised that it's going to tie us all up for months.

The most polarised seem to think that either:

A. Techs are admitted on an equal footing as pharmacists

B. Techs are not admitted at all.

There seems to be very little argument for an affiliation or associstion for techs individually or to have APTUK as an associate affiliate to the "Royal college" If that's what it's called.

I believe techs should be affiliated so we can all benefit from each others' knowledge and libraries etc. but if they are admitted on an equal fitting we will become a minority in our own professional representational body.

Do you think techs will worry as much about remote supervision as pharmacists?

This problem needs to be sorted soon because we're all going to end up looking very stupid if we can't even decide who's going to be in a body which hasn't even been defined or even named yet.
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu View Post
      What are your views on the inclusion of technicians onto the Royal College of Phamacists?
      It would mean that pharmacists as a whole would not even have one pan-pharmacist body dedicated solely to representing us. I think we need at least one powerful body dedicated solely to championing our profession, and having technicians would cause a conflict of interest.

Comment

Does the PDA admit techs?
        johnep

Comment

Not sure if you're trying to make a point or asking a question John.

If it's a question then the answer is I don't know.

If you're trying to make the point that there is a single body for pharmacists i.e. the PDA then I don't believe that it's a very good point. Sorry John.

The PDA was set up, I believe from my brief experiences with Mark Koziol, because the Soc didn't support pharmacists.

We now have the chance of having an official, possibly Royal, body that has the sole purpose of defending and representing pharmacists and some people seem to want to make us a minority in it before it's even been named.

Sorry again if you weren't arguing John and were only fact finding!
          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Not at all. Just that if PDA is solely for pharmacists then there is one dedicated (albeit commercial) organisation.
            johnep

Comment

I agree totally with the PDA being a member myself and will more than likely stay a member as it becomes unionised (if that's a word!)

I see your point, you were arguing that there is a body out there.

Here I am arguing that things are becoming too polarised and I'm trying to make arguments when there aren't any to be had. (Blame the trapped nerve in my back making me grouchy! It's amazing what you can get away with when you have one of those buggers! It's ALMOST worth the agony for two days!)

But I would like to add that because we have a body to fight for pahrmacists doesn't give us a valid reason to let techs into the new 'Royal College' on an equal footing.
              Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post

The most polarised seem to think that either:

A. Techs are admitted on an equal footing as pharmacists

B. Techs are not admitted at all.
                I'm for (B).

Comment

I agree, I'm in favour of a 100%-pure, unadulterated, exclusively Pharmacist-only membership College.
                  Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Want to keep your minions under the yoke heh, Zogs?
                    Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

The Working Class like to know who the Boss is, they need the firm leadership...
                      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                        I agree, I'm in favour of a 100%-pure, unadulterated, exclusively Pharmacist-only membership College.
                        I agree totally

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                          Does the PDA admit techs?
                          johnep
                          I think they don't - so you're right, there is a body that attempts to be pan-pharmacist (and I'm happy to be their member). But there is a limit to what the PDA does and can do. The very way they've set themselves up, and in fact their name itself indicates that as far as "professional progression" or "professional aspiration" is concerned in terms of evolving new roles and providing training etc, it probably is out of their field. These would be what the supposed royal college would be dealing with so I hope it will be solely for our profession.

Comment

Working...
                          X