Patients Crossing Off Unwanted Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patients Crossing Off Unwanted Items

Saturday - a patient came in with a script for three types of inhaler, beclometasone, salmeterol and salbutamol. He announced that he did not want the salbutamol and proceeded to cross off the salmeterol. It was like slow motion scenes with the script reception staff going 'Noooooooooooo'.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Re: Patients Crossing Off Unwanted Items

Send 'em back to the Doc (esp if it's a long walk!) - that'll learn 'em!

Comment

When a pt wants to do this, we point out that script is legal doc. We will put nd beside item.
      johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
        When a pt wants to do this, we point out that script is legal doc. We will put nd beside item.
        johnep
        Yes, we do "ND" when the patient tells us that they don't want something on a script. I've often wondered about this as it isn't recorded on the PMR then, and drops out of MUR and all that. By the way, a PSNC circular a while ago pointed out that "ND" meant not dispensed and didn't mean "No Discount". Some endorsers had got ND and ZD confused apparently.

As for a script being a 'legal document' - it seems that only pharmacists know the truth of this, the rest of the world uses them as green "post-it" notes. There are too many to educate without a fee.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
          As for a script being a 'legal document' - it seems that only pharmacists know the truth of this, the rest of the world uses them as green "post-it" notes. There are too many to educate without a fee.
          Hmm imagine receiving a FP10 to dispense milk, bread and cheese.... Given the wonderful standards of comptence exhibited by GP's these days; its only a matter of time...

Comment

i always get the feeling the patients ar wondering we are up to some grand fraud as we do not cross the item off and put ND alongside it...perhaps we should have stamp that we can stamp over/alongside the item which is note required although if they want it later on it may be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by mr_colt View Post
              Hmm imagine receiving a FP10 to dispense milk, bread and cheese.... Given the wonderful standards of comptence exhibited by GP's these days; its only a matter of time...
              Well I had a script for bread, pasta and pizza bases yesterday. Have them quite often. Biscuits as well.

Comment

Working...
              X