Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaries

Does anyone know who usually pays the best for a position of pharmacy manager out of the three big companies, Lloydspharmacy, AllianceBoots, and Co-op pharmacy; all things being equal?

Any comments most welcome

Re: Salaries

Originally posted by ChrisX View Post
    Does anyone know who usually pays the best for a position of pharmacy manager out of the three big companies, Lloydspharmacy, AllianceBoots, and Co-op pharmacy; all things being equal?

Any comments most welcome
    All things aren't equal. At a guess in the order you have stated, but the greater salary seems to come with higher stress levels.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      All things aren't equal. At a guess in the order you have stated, but the greater salary seems to come with higher stress levels.

Jeff
      Thanks you Jeff.

I know all things are not equal, all I want to know is to have an idea of roughly, if one company pays higher than the others, because there is no indication on their respective website.

Would it be reasonable to expect a salary of £40,000 for a 40-hour week?

Comment

Would it be reasonable to expect a salary of £40,000 for a 40-hour week?
        Yes, BUT (there's always a "BUT")
        It depends on what else is on offer.
        e.g.Paid/unpaid time for a clinical diploma;
        Day a week in the local surgery so you can do a prescribing course.
        Paid time off for local training/surgery meetings/local pharmacy forums/LPC meetings.
        Opportunities for Practice Based Commisioning -e.g. many surgeries now want in-house warfarin clinics.
        If you're a pharmacist under 50 you really ought to position yourself for a career outside of the dispensary.
        i.e much depends on the branch offered - rather than just the group or the salary.
        By the way - you didn't mention Assura - I rate them highly.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks Jeff, that's useful.

Comment

Thanks Jeff, that's useful.
            Don't forget time off to be yourself and mix with others who are not involved with pharmacy. If you have a young family there's a problem. That's when you need money - but your children need to spend time with the best dad in the world.
            Don't mean to patronise you but its easy to become assimilated totally into the pharmacy collective. Resistance is futile.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I am not a dad for starters, I am female with no kids.

All I want to know really is just to have an idea of roughly whether one company pays higher than the others, because there is no indication on their respective websites.

Thank you for your lifestyle advice!

Comment

All I want to know really is just to have an idea of roughly whether one company pays higher than the others, because there is no indication on their respective websites.

Chrisx,
                Apologies - didn't realise that you where a "MsPharmS".
                Hope that you get the job you are looking for.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                  Chrisx,
                  Apologies - didn't realise that you where a "MsPharmS".
                  See what I mean? Why is the pharmacy world such a sexist one?
                  Whenever there's an article in the press that calls for a photo of a Pharmacy counter/dispensary, it invariably shows a MALE phcist; Now even on this forum one is "assumed" to be male. You'll be telling ChrisX next that she shouldn't expect £40k p.a. as she's a "MsPharmS"!
                  (Incidentally- I once sent off a CPD paper and signed my name + MRPharmS; the CPD certificate I got sent back to me was to a certain Ms E. S. McPharms... )
                  Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Chris

In my opinion and experience, Jeff has got it about right. The more money I have earned, the more hours/stress/work etc is involved.

Mrs Admin..............
                    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                      See what I mean? Why is the pharmacy world such a sexist one?
                      Whenever there's an article in the press that calls for a photo of a Pharmacy counter/dispensary, it invariably shows a MALE phcist; Now even on this forum one is "assumed" to be male. You'll be telling ChrisX next that she shouldn't expect £40k p.a. as she's a "MsPharmS"!
                      (Incidentally- I once sent off a CPD paper and signed my name + MRPharmS; the CPD certificate I got sent back to me was to a certain Ms E. S. McPharms... )
                      It was merely a pun to lighten an apology for an assumption based on assuming that ChrisX was short for Christopher, my apologies to you if that implied the suggestion that there should be a differential in salary.
                      How times change.

Comment

This thread seems to have lost the plot somehow, and the replies have got nothing to do with my original question which was simply a comparison of the three top large multiples.
                        Is there much difference between them or not???

Comment

This thread seems to have lost the plot somehow, and the replies have got nothing to do with my original question which was simply a comparison of the three top large multiples.
                          OOO! Ark at her!

She's ignoring the fact that everyone's fighting for her right to be a woman!

I want to be called Loretta myself!

If I were you Chris I'd ignore this lot and go to the stoning!
                          Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                          pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                          eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Chris

I have found that you get paid a bigger salary, the more you do - hours, script numbers etc. Most companies seem to pay about the same.

You can also haggle with them a bit - never go for the first salary offered!
                            Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                            Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                            Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                              Chris

I have found that you get paid a bigger salary, the more you do - hours, script numbers etc. Most companies seem to pay about the same.

You can also haggle with them a bit - never go for the first salary offered!

What do you mean they won't haggle! You start at 2000 they start at 2 and you meet at about 1500.

(I'm like a dog with a bone sometimes! )
                              Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
                              pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
                              eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
                              X