Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi everyone!

1) I have been locuming for just a couple of months and could really use your help. I was paid recently for some work I did but they did not pay me enough. I have contacted the store manager who was supposed to get back to me but hasn't. Should I keep calling or call their headoffice?

2) I get paid for mileage but have noticed that when working at the boots stores I am always above the mileage shown on the aaa maps because most of the boots do not have parking and are always in a pedestrian area hence driving around. Do they take this in to consideration or will they assume that I am overcharging them? I do not have this problem with supermarkets

Re: Help

When 'phoning the store beforehand, always ask re parking.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by sam1 View Post
      1) I have been locuming for just a couple of months and could really use your help. I was paid recently for some work I did but they did not pay me enough. I have contacted the store manager who was supposed to get back to me but hasn't. Should I keep calling or call their headoffice?

2) I get paid for mileage but have noticed that when working at the boots stores I am always above the mileage shown on the aaa maps because most of the boots do not have parking and are always in a pedestrian area hence driving around. Do they take this in to consideration or will they assume that I am overcharging them? I do not have this problem with supermarkets
      1. When did you do the locum?
      Give them the benefit of the doubt and phone the pharmacy manager one more time. Ask nicely and be plesent. Record the name of the manager and the time and date you made the call.

If you still don't get paid (give it 2 weeks from the date of the above call) write the named pharmacy manager a letter stating that you have:
      - payment outstanding from X months ago
      - called 2 times (give the name of person spoke to, time and date of call)
      - remind him the store has broken the contract with the agency*
      - say that you will be forced to take the matter to the County Court (AKA small claims court) if you are not paid within 28 days

If you have not been paid within 28 days then fill out a form to take the matter to a county court (costs £30 to do...but you will get your money back WHEN you win (as long as you have evidence that you haven't been paid enough). I put a link to the small claims court procedures on another post - please search to find it.

Send a copy of your letter to you Agency, if you have one. Most are not obliged to do anything - but if you have a good relationship with them they will help you. (Also a 'cc' on the bottom of the letter to the pharmacy manager will scare him!)

* Obviously only do this if you have booked through an agency! Find a copy of the contract between the agency and store (on website/ask agency). Most contracts will have some sort of statement saying ''it is the store's responsibility to pay the locum within X weeks''

2. Can't help you. Don't drive. As long as the claim is resonable you have nothing to worry about. You had to travel to the store - they have to pay you for travel. (Remember, it's theft to overclaim).

Comment

If you belong to the PDA they will issue a closing order on the store. They then pay next day!.
        johnep

Comment

Mileage

If you claim the actual mileage you have travelled then you are OK. The mileage will vary because you will get to know the area better and become more efficient at finding a parking space as you gain more local knowledge.

Once drove past the pharmacy where I was supposed to be 3 times because no-one told me that it had changed hands recently and still had the old fascia. (In the days before mobile phones and satnav became accessible to the masses)

Don't forget to get a receipt for parking and claim for that either on your travel expenses or via your own tax return.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
            If you belong to the PDA they will issue a closing order on the store. They then pay next day!.
            johnep
            Damn...so easy! I just fancied the idea of taking BTC to court...and having a 100% chance of winning!

Comment

BTC slow to pay if on a 'zero' contract as I am. this is because they have to submit salary requests by the 5th of the month, if you work after this then it goes in the following month.

Travel expenses have to be claimed separately on a form.
              johnep

Comment

Working...
              X