X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilesh Babariya

Hello All,
    I am doin research on Pharmacy factor?
    I need help about your views? what factors can influence to the pharmacy for selling the reclassifying drug-PPI -omeprazole?

I explain ...
    Why pharmacist might agree or disagree to sell the recently pom to p drugs? ex. age, area?

Please reply me with yr view that will give me help to do my research.

Thank you
    Mr Nilesh Babariya
    London

Omeprazole been available at least two years OTC. Latest is Imigran Recovery.
    Sold one yesterday to pt visiting local relations.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by bn413 View Post
      Hello All,
      I am doin research on Pharmacy factor?
      I need help about your views? what factors can influence to the pharmacy for selling the reclassifying drug-PPI -omeprazole?

I explain ...
      Why pharmacist might agree or disagree to sell the recently pom to p drugs? ex. age, area?

Please reply me with yr view that will give me help to do my research.

Thank you
      Omeprazole. There is the NICE guidance for pharmacist treatment of GORD.

In general -
      the evidence base for its efficacy. Often lacking e.g zocor 10mg, chloramphenicol eye drops)

Advertising
      As opposed to the new drugs being seen as an addition to the pharmacists armoury of treatments - direct to consumer advertising puts pressure on the pharmacist to respond to advertising and innapropriate requests.

Regards

Jeff

Comment

Knew Zocor 10 was dodgy but is there really no real evidence for efficacy of Chloramphenicol? Never been told that and have always assumed that it's the mutts nuts for minor eye infections.
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
          Knew Zocor 10 was dodgy but is there really no real evidence for efficacy of Chloramphenicol? Never been told that and have always assumed that it's the mutts nuts for minor eye infections.
          Topical chloramphenicol was not effective for acute infective conjunctivitis in children -- Elizabeth Harkless 9 (1): 12 -- Evidence-Based Nursing
          CONCLUSION
          In children with acute infective conjunctivitis, topical chloramphenicol was not effective for inducing clinical cure.

Topical antibiotics for acute bacterial conjunctivitis: Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis update
          They confirm findings from previous outpatient-based secondary care studies that indicate that topical antibiotics are of limited efficacy in improving clinical outcomes for acute bacterial conjunctivitis.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the link Jeff.

Nothing like this has ever been mentioned to me and it certainly wasn't intimated at when we started a PGD for chloramphenicol.
            Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
            pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
            eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Working...
            X