Medicines Management?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicines Management?????

Can anybody plz help me out here? Anything about Medicines Management serivces will be appreciated. Thanks Sobia x x

What kind of things do you want to know about Medicines Management. It is a very generic banner term for lots of things. There are entire journals devoted to medicines management. One of the first docuements brought out by the DoH on this topic was 'Pharmacy in the Future' and there are lots of other spin offs. You need to decide what aspect you want to look at; medication reviews, minor ailment schemes, medication use reviews, patients own drugs, medication risk management etc......

Comment

Hi Rob,

MM is a broad term, I am looking at all aspects of it. But the problem is I dont know where to start lol and how to start lol. I will start off with the DoH paper and see where it goes from there. I am also looking for where the term has come from, the origin, and things of this nature.

Hope to hear from you soon. Tc x

Comment

so what is the difference between medicine management and pharmaceutical care? Are they the same concept or do they mean differnt things?

Comment

Originally posted by sob_khan View Post
          Can anybody plz help me out here? Anything about Medicines Management serivces will be appreciated. Thanks Sobia x x
          Community Pharmacy Medicines Management

NPC - Home Page

Jeff

Comment

Medicines Management

Jeff has sent you some good links for MM in primary care. Here is a link to a document for Secondary care (NHS Hospitals). Its a bit heavy but it does quote from all of the DoH vision statement documents which is quite useful!

Medicines Management in NHS Hospitals

Hope this helps, if you want any more help, just ask...

Rob

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks Jeff and Rob for your links. Jeff I cant seem to open your first link on the community mm, it comes up with some java thing lol

Thanks

Sob x x x

Comment

Working...
              X