Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International cooperation - what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International cooperation - what do you think?

It's my second post here, but I will shortly introduce myself. I'm a pharmacist from Poland and I found this forum, because I'm currently working on the topic of "pharmacists going abroad" (at work but privately as well...)

At present we (as pharmacists' community) are discussing a problem of lack of closer professional cooperation between Poland and other countries (with main stress on the UK).

Student have many opportunities to go abroad, work or learn in different countries (Socrates program and many others). After graduating there is a kind of a black hole in that field (at least here). So we are considering starting a kind of exchange program for adult, practising pharmacists. It would involve short visits abroad (one or two weeks), seeing how others work, assessing our language skills etc. and - last but not least - having fun. After that we would like to host pharmacists we visited. That's a kind of brief description...

What do you think? Is it a good idea? Would it work out? Would YOU like to take part in such an activity and come to Poland?

* I'm supposed to write an article on the subject - so please help and give your opinions

Olga

Could we not start with somewhere where the language problem isn't going to be quite so huge? Let's face it, few Brits speak anything else than english; Some may have remnants of schoolboy/girl French, or even German; but how many can utter two words of Polish?
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Zoggite, goals for you would probably be different than for us. For example - near me is a wonderful National Park, and the place I live is a UNESCO "zero class". You wouldn't have to speak a word in Polish or visit my pharmacy if you didn't like to . The greatest concern right now is to create a kind of "starting point".

Comment

Polish

Originally posted by Cathedral View Post
        Zoggite, goals for you would probably be different than for us. For example - near me is a wonderful National Park, and the place I live is a UNESCO "zero class". You wouldn't have to speak a word in Polish or visit my pharmacy if you didn't like to . The greatest concern right now is to create a kind of "starting point".
        Its a sad thing - my father is from Poland but I only know around 6 words of Polish, enough French to get a puncture fixed and enough Spanish to buy some onions; although he can speak 7 languages in total.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I remember ex polish servicemen who became UK pharmacists, probably all retired now. There is a large polish community in Bedfordshire and they have their own churches in Bedford and Dunstable.
          johnep

Comment

Thanks for the tip johnep

Pharmanaut - so what about coming for a week or two if this program works out? Wouldn't your father be pleased ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
              Its a sad thing - my father is from Poland
              My parents too. Left because of the progroms.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X