Co-op summer placement interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-op summer placement interview

Hi im a student at portsmouth university, im in the 2nd year and i have a interview for a summer placement with the co-op.

Does anyone have any idea of what questions they mite ask me tommorow or things I should prepare on?

Thanks

VINNY

It's difficult to tell as every interview is different.

They may ask you what you know about the new community pharmacy contract. I'd be aware of what that is and what's in it.

Look over the journal over the last few weeks for some articles that interest you. That might help too.

Be prepared to give examples of when you worked as a team, resolved a conflict and solved a problem.

Be polite, smile and talk about how much you want to learn from the placement.

Good luck!
    _____

Comment

Re: Co-op summer placement interview

I have my interview with the co-op tommorrow...I'm trying to prepare for it based on what I've written in my application form and things I've learnt about the co-op from their website. Like you've said I think they're after examples of customer service, teamwork etc. I'm also going to research about the contract and pharmacy in the future.

hmm, any other things to work on?
      [COLOR="Green"]When life gives you lemons, make lemonade![/COLOR]

Comment

some background notes on the co-op for those 'not in the know' :

co-op pharmacy is a merger company set up when united co-op merged with the co-operative group around 3 years ago. This brought about the merger of their two pharmacy chains into co-op pharmacy, making them the third biggest pharmacy chain in the country, behind boots and lloyds.

The company is run as a co-operative with benefits & profits passed out to members and charities.

Head office is at sandbrook park, rochdale (birthplace of the co-op). MD of co-op pharmacy is a guy called John Nuttall, who used to have a love of fast cars (he had both a tvr griffith and a lotus exige whilst i was at co-op)

Co-op are a vertically integrated pharmacy chain (ie they own their own wholesaler business, Sants, and a dressings and ostomy suppliers called Wardles, both based in or near Stoke.)
        “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
          Co-op are a vertically integrated pharmacy chain (ie they own their own wholesaler business, Sants, and a dressings and ostomy suppliers called Wardles, both based in or near Stoke.)
          Don't most co-ops order from AAH though, because Sants only distribute locally?

See Ocean Liner warehouse....

Google Image Result for http://i.thisis.co.uk/274136/article/images/431259/474342.JPG

Comment

Working...
          X