Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas Assessment Prog.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the overseas assessment programme. Im about to finish up my pharmacy degree in the USA, but I'm actually from the UK (I moved to the States about 6 yrs ago) and I'm looking to move back home.

I read recently that the RPSGB was going to allow people to take the OSPAP overseas, rather than have to take the classes in the UK. Has anyone ever heard of any classes that are available to take via distance learning or online, or is this something that's still in the pipeline? (From a financial standpoint, it would be way better to work as a pharmacist and take the classes part-time, rather than have to return to full time studentdom for a year followed by a pre-reg year)

Thanks for any info you can throw my way.

This might help

http://www.rpsgb.org.uk/pdfs/educpol...futosentry.pdf

Jeff

Comment

Dear Al rx,

sunderland uni offer reduced fee for home students, so if the fee is around £7900, you will be paying around half of it,whereas Brighton, Aston charge the full fee, I am not sure about Aberdeen.
      Brighton offers this course at 2 or 3 days at uni and the rest as independent study, but it is very depressing to read the huge thick pharmacology books on your own not knowing where to start and what is important for the exams, the course is still not very organized because it is fairly new at Brighton. If you are single with no commitments I advise to go to Sunderland where you pay a much cheaper fee and you are taught everything.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I'd looked into those courses before. It totally sucks that I have to spend two entire years retraining.

Just out of interest - what are they paying for pre-reg training these days? I'm assuming its not much.

Cheers.

Comment

The hospital's pay has increased to around 20 K to attract pharmacists, the community depends, from 12K up to 18 K (or 18 and a bit).

Comment

Re: Overseas Assessment Prog.

Originally posted by ramroum View Post
            Dear Al rx,

sunderland uni offer reduced fee for home students, so if the fee is around £7900, you will be paying around half of it,whereas Brighton, Aston charge the full fee, I am not sure about Aberdeen.
            Brighton offers this course at 2 or 3 days at uni and the rest as independent study, but it is very depressing to read the huge thick pharmacology books on your own not knowing where to start and what is important for the exams, the course is still not very organized because it is fairly new at Brighton. If you are single with no commitments I advise to go to Sunderland where you pay a much cheaper fee and you are taught everything.

Good luck.
            hmm.. thats some info for me as am in Pakistan right now and i have got the approval for OSPAP. HOw do you compare Aston with Sunderland? Though i wont be having any committments other than to complete my course, what do you suggest?

Comment

Working...
            X