Pharmacy in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy in the US

Just got back from a 3-state visit to the US, and although I must say that p'cists are well respected over there,I do not agree with their pharmaceutical advertising,Prescription only drugs are advertised like OTC meds on TV

Quite a few NSAIDs are also available in supermarkets e.g Naproxen

I believe this is why the US pharmacist pay pack is at least 1.5-2.5 times larger than a UK Pharmacist .

Colleagues wishing to locate to " greener pastures" as indicated on some pages in this forum, may want to think twice ....as I believe the American dose of pharmacy compromises quite a few principles;its definitely money driven (by the big companies)
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

A member of Privte Rx just posted a You tube piece where a pharmacist gave a man the wrong person's Rx!

It got on the local news!

Perhaps USA's grass isn't as green. It's litigation and retribution practices are certainly a lot more different!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
      A member of Privte Rx just posted a You tube piece where a pharmacist gave a man the wrong person's Rx!

It got on the local news!

Perhaps USA's grass isn't as green. It's litigation and retribution practices are certainly a lot more different!
      Well he nicked it from me because it's on here! Have a look in the international section - "Still fancy working in the USA".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuOUpboPX9Y&NR

How dare he.............just posted it hey.........copy and paste more like...............
      Last edited by admin; 1, February 2007, 07:53 PM.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Usa

I plead guilty. One of prx members steve C, is going to USA and we have been having dicussions re getting through exams etc. I belong to a pharmacystudent forum based in USA and get lots of info re USA pharmacy from there.

I did get it from you, but presume you also got it from somewhere else.

Sorry, won't do it again without specific approval of poster.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          I plead guilty. One of prx members steve C, is going to USA and we have been having dicussions re getting through exams etc. I belong to a pharmacystudent forum based in USA and get lots of info re USA pharmacy from there.

I did get it from you, but presume you also got it from somewhere else.

Sorry, won't do it again without specific approval of poster.
          johnep
          No worries John, it's in the public domain and doesn't belong to me. If you use anything, a mention of this site would be appreciated.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

I promise to always mention the site with link if anything here is posted elsewhere.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
              I promise to always mention the site with link if anything here is posted elsewhere.
              johnep
              Nice one John. I only ask because there were members of some sites that really criticised this one, saying it wouldn't last for 3 months, etc etc etc

Comment

Working...
              X