X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Pharmacy

Hello

I had a few questions:

During the course - in university - do people learn about human body and how it works?
    Are pharmacists able to invent new drugs?
    - This one is about the personal statement - what should I say in it? I will probably perform a work experience, but really I have not done anything related.

University

Another question:

do you know any magazine or newsletter about pharmacy that I can subscribe to?

Comment

PJ On-line

Hello and welcome

Try reading the Pharmaceutical Journal on the internet.

http://www.pjonline.com/

It may give you some ideas.
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

learn more about drugs and the effect that they have on the body

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
          Hello and welcome

Try reading the Pharmaceutical Journal on the internet.

http://www.pjonline.com/

It may give you some ideas.

Hi

thanks.

But I really want to know whether there is going to be a lot of talk about human body and how it works, in university or not?

Comment

If you know how the human body should work only then you can find out what goes wrong with the normal body functions and only then can learn about the drug treatment or pharmacology side of the course. Different Universitites put variable weight on Physiology modules. I can not tell you about the new schools of pharmacies but most of the well established universities do tend to concentrate on human physiology. Most students learn what they are given in their lecture notes but there were a few of us did go and do a little bit extra but that all depends on what interests you but bottom line - YES you will study physiology as a part of the undergraduate course.

Comment

Working...
            X