English Pharmacy Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Pharmacy Board

Elaine has kindly invited me to include a post about the English Pharmacy Board for which you should have a voting paper shortly and for which I am standing. After setting up the Locum Voice forum for pharmacy locums (www.locumvoice.co.uk) I was struck by how distant many pharmacists feel from the Society and it suddenly seemed to me that it did not have to be only the ‘great and the good’ who stood for these elections, so I thought I would stand on behalf of pharmacists who feel, like me, that they are cut off from the decision making process.

I know that Chris Morris ‘Linnear’ is also standing and of course I wish him luck – I will be voting for him myself.

So, when you get your voting papers, at least you will know who I am, and please check out the website – you may not be a locum now, but who knows in the future?

Lindsey Gilpin

Thanks for the resommendation Lindsey!

Seriously everybody. The new EPB is being set up and at the moment what it is actually going to do seems pretty undefined.

The general picture is a body that will decide the direction for pharmacy in England.

If they don't know what it's really going to do get me and Lindsey in there and let us find out or even better we may be able to tell them what it will do!

All the best
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

So where would you like to see the EPB go? What changes do you see it making to the way pharmacy is practised in England?

Do you believe it will make your average pharmacist feel less isolated from the society?

I'm still not convinced by devolution and how it's role will develop. I can foresee that the Scottish National board will have an impact, but in England and Wales surely the RPSGB will end up with a dog with two heads?

Anyway, best of luck to you both.
      _____

Comment

To be honest RT. I have no idea what it WILL do.

I would like to think that it could be used to try to unite the profession into a cohesive force that could fight the conditions being foisted on us by the govt, PCTs and multiples.

Whether it will ever do this and whether we will ever have anything that could do this I don't know, but I want to give it a try.

All the best
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Hello Linnear

are there any manifestos going around
          Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Election statements etc. should be in the next PJ.

I can e-mail mine if you would like to read it.

As for manifestos etc. I am waiting to see the questions asked to try to get a feel for what people believe to be needed. As well as answering questions and joining debates here and on Locum voice.

I believe that pharmacy could be so much better and should be.

Whether I would be able to do anything to alter things if I got in I don;t know but I'm willing to try.

I always thought of myself as cynical but I believe that we can change things if we try hard enough.

I have a list of things that I believe need to be addressed. I don't have answers for all of them but I have ideas and if we can get the right people onto the new board perhaps we can work together to get the profession motivated and get things changed.

All the best
            Linnear MRPharmS

pharmacistance.co.uk

eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Yes please Linnear

I have no doubt you are the best candidate for the job (an observation deduced from your forum contributions ) -
              but having that info will enable me to make a much more informed decision .Thank you

Best wishes

Kemzero
              Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Working...
              X