X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Medicine harder then Pharmacy????

Hi All

Well this brought a smile to my face.

I was working at a shop that opens 9am to 10pm, and the pharmacists change at 6pm. I worked 9am to 6pm, and at around 5.45pm a friend came to do the "night shift".

This person has been studying medicine, after pharmacy, and has been earning a few quid by doing the 6 to 10 work. I asked how she was getting on, and she told me she had now passed, and was a qualified Dr, and was considering which area to work in.

Obviously (after congratulating her) I just had to ask her if the medicine course was a lot harder then pharmacy. Well you have to don't you.

Imagine my surprise when she informed me it was "a lot easier" !!!!!!!!!!!!

I said "you're joking" and she said she wasn't. I said I hoped she'd be telling all her new Dr pals that, and she said she already was.

It has given me a new confidence, and I ain't taking no c**p from any snotty Dr's any more. FULL STOP!
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

I have heard Pharmacy is harder in the first few years than medicine. But I think they should make this official and give a bit more credit to graduate pharmacists. It's nice to know that the stereotypical image of medicine being harder is wiping away slowly.

Comment

my mum tinks pharmacy is shit compared to med
      3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

^^just gotta love uninformed opinions

Did u make a decision about prague giggsy?
        Last edited by BeesKnees; 29, November 2006, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
          my mum tinks pharmacy is shit compared to med
          I suspect the big difference is that pharmacist just talk about it but docs have to stick their fingers in it.

Jeff

Comment

Well I certainly don't fancy putting my finger in it thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BeesKnees View Post
              ^^just gotta love uninformed opinions

Did u make a decision about prague giggsy?
              Well as she's done BOTH courses, I'd say that was an informed opinion!
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                I suspect the big difference is that pharmacist just talk about it but docs have to stick their fingers in it.

Jeff
                Well I gotta admit I couldn't deal with yukky stinky people who wouldn't know what to do with a bar of soap if you gave them a diagram!

Comment

Admin
                  I think BeesKnees meant Giggsy's MUM's opinion was uninformed...
                  Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
                    Admin
                    I think BeesKnees meant Giggsy's MUM's opinion was uninformed...
                    Oh yeah, duh.........

Comment

Ive always suspected that medicine was easier than pharmacy especially in the 1st two years. I have a friend whos doing medicine we both started our courses at the same time while i had a full time table in the 1st year, i remember her telling me that she had a lot of free periods!!

Comment

Hmmm it seems pharmacists are getting a pretty bad deal . I know 2 people who have started medicine this year and are telling me that they are surprised how much free time they have , whereas the pharmacy students i know (my sister included), keep telling me they have full timetables!!

Comment

They are in for a shock then...

Originally posted by BeesKnees View Post
                          Hmmm it seems pharmacists are getting a pretty bad deal . I know 2 people who have started medicine this year and are telling me that they are surprised how much free time they have , whereas the pharmacy students i know (my sister included), keep telling me they have full timetables!!
                          I can't imagine pharmacy without a full timetable!
                          It reflects the work when you graduate.
                          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

but does it reflect pay, working conditions and respect from public and other health professions... i think not

Comment

Respect?

Originally posted by confused.com View Post
                              but does it reflect pay, working conditions and respect from public and other health professions... i think not
                              Agreed, most of the time you look like a jobsworth.
                              quant suff.
                              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X